overheard | wilbur

wilbur x reader | she/her
request - nope loll
short summary - y/n overhears wilbur talking about her.
-
y/n pov

i had been at wilburs place all day and it was almost midnight.

"should i go home now and let you sleep?"
y/n said with a soft laugh.

"noo y/n you cant go home this late! just stay the night," he says with a smile. you guys were sitting on opposite ends of the couch on your phones.

"okay fine.. only because im tired," i say.

"i still have some clothes you left over if you wanna change into those," he says with a smile. ugh that god damn smile. butterflies flew around in your stomach.

"thanks.." i say getting up following him. he goes into his room and comes out with a small pile in his hands.

"here you go!" he says and you go off to change. after a few minutes i walk back out and go to say goodnight to wilbur but here him on the phone so i wait.

"..yeah shes staying....couch...." i hear faintly.

"i know but...its a risk.......love her," my mind wanders. what..? love? i try to listen in closer.

"i know phil but how would i know.....feels the same?" i hear, getting closer to the door.

"i do love her phil.... im not sure how much longer i can wait.."

what..

"but how?......."

is he talking about me? he mentioned someone staying on the couch..?

"are you sure.. but i dont wanna loose her," he says. i realize how i probably should not be eavesdropping. i walk over to the living room and pull a blanket from on top of the couch and grab two throw pillows to sleep on.

"hey y/n can i talk to you for a second!" he asks. i turn to look at him, he looks nervous as hell.

"you okay will?" i ask.

"yeah yeah, but can i talk to you?" he asks. i nod slowly, he starts walking to his bedroom so i follow. he sits down on his bed and i sit next to him.

"i- im not sure how to put this.." he says softly. realization hits me. oh my fuck is he gonna tell me that he likes me. i feel my cheeks start to heat up.

"wil you can tell me anything," i say softly, still very tired. i place my hand on his.

"i like you y/n, as in more then just friends," he says almost whispering. even though i saw it coming, i was still shocked. it was different when he ACTUALLY said it.

"wil.." i mumble, putting a hand on his cheek. we both look into each others eyes until wilbur puts both his hands on my face and closes the gap between us. we stay like that for what seems like hours, just us. we slowly pull apart and i lean my head on his shoulder.

"how about you just sleep here?" he says.

"im good with that,"

-

HI I JUST WANNA SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE READS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, 1.2k?!?!?!?
(updated: 1/17/21)
(words: 527)