rain | wilbur

wilbur soot x reader | she/her
short summary - two best friends decided to hang out for the day, maybe by the end of the night they'll be something more?

this one gets a bit spicy so read at ur own risk. but again, wilbur isn't comfortable with smut and im not comfortable with writing it so its not a lot🥲🤚🏻

- y/n pov -

"okay so did you know that rabbits can't throw up?" wilbur exclaims, looking up from his phone at me.

"wish i were them," i say.

"same," he mumbles. wilbur looks back down at the article on his phone titled "175 RANDOM FACTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SAY OMG"

"okay okay, next one-"

"i think thats enough facts for now okay?" i say. "why don't we just go back to your place now?" i suggest. he had to admit, they were getting a bit much. plus we had been walking for around 2 hours now.

"yeah it's starting to get dark," he says, looking at the sky.

"shit-" i say as we start heading back where he had parked the car. we walked in a circle around town but now i felt a small drop on my arm and looked down to see a tiny droplet there.

"what?" he asks. then a couple seconds later i can see the realization on his face as he feels one too.

"COME ON Y/N!" he says and grabs my wrist as we sprint through the mostly empty streets. but we weren't fast enough, as the rain soon poured down on us.

we sprinted as fast as we could for about 10
minutes before i had to take a break from running.

wilbur quickly lead me to a store front with a top going over.

"im so fucking soaked-" i say, slightly shivering while looking out onto the mostly empty streets. it had gotten darker now. he looked down at me and pulled his jacket off his shoulders.

"its also soaked but i hope this helps," he says placing the jacket over my shoulders.

"thanks wil," i say looking up at him.

"lets go," he says, looking at down at me with a smile. i smile back.

one hand holding onto the jacket and one taken by wilburs hand.

after just a few more minutes of sprinting through rainy, dark, empty roads, we arrive back to where wilbur had parked hours ago. wilbur fumbles to pull the keys out of his pocket then unlocks both our doors for us to finally escape from the rain.

once we both get in and close the doors, we just look at each other and laugh. probably just from the sight of the state of each others clothes and hair.

"you can have your jacket back," i say, breaking the silence.

"no.. you keep it," he says, finally starting the car. "it looks better on you anyways," he mumbles as if i wouldn't hear.

"i beg to differ," i say leaning back in my seat. i see his eyes widen slightly at my response but he returns to normal after a couple seconds.

truth is, i liked him, a lot.

but we never really even flirted at all. not even a little, so hearing him say that really suprised me. i didnt want to give myself false hope though.

the rest of the ride was mostly silent as the sky got even darker. we exchanged a few glances but nothing more. that is until he took one of his hands off the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh.