Twenty Three

Elias

"Hello?" I spoke sleepily into my phone.

"Eli? It's Luke!" He shouted.

"I know that. Caller id dumbass, why are you calling me at 3 in the morning? I'm sleeping." I said slightly annoyed.

"Sleeping? You're not with Zayn?"

"What do you mean I'm not with Zayn? Don't you remember he fucking broke up with me?"

"He.. he was ran out of our place a few hours ago...We thought he was going to your place... He's not at home and he doesn't have his cell phone. I'm really worried."

"You're sure he's not home? I can't think of one reason why he'd try to come see me." I responded defensively.

"We checked his place, Eli. I have a key. He's not there." Arlen said.

"He fell asleep on the way to our place and when he woke up he was completely out of it... He didn't remember anything from before you left his place. I don't know why, maybe it was from the shock of Arlen grabbing him... Or from everything with that scum bag... Either way he's not okay right now."

"Arlen what does he mean by grab him?" I shouted angrily.

"Please tell me you didn't hurt him." I asked.

"I didn't mean to grab him so roughly. I couldn't let him go into that club. You would have done the same thing." He said defensively.

"I scared him and I didn't mean to. I think it overwhelmed him with everything that was happening. It's all my fault... Fuck!" Arlen said.

"We'll deal with that later. We need to find him. Whether he's with me or not, I want him to be safe. I can't let anything happen to him." I said sadly.

"I'm coming over." I ended the call, throwing on my nearest pair of black sweat pants and a pull over bunnyhug. I made sure to grab my wallet, phone and keys and rushed out of the house.

Where would he have gone? That fucking scum bag better not have done anything to him. I swear to god I will goto jail for Zayn if he hurts a single hair on his gorgeous head.

I started my vehicle and sped down my driveway.

A short while later, i'm parked on their street and barging into their house.

"Any news? Has he contacted you? Anything?" I said slightly short of breath from running.

"No. Nothing." Luke said.

"Maybe we should drive around the area and see if there's any sign of him. I can't just sit here."

"But what if we-" Luke started. "Oh my god, answer the phone! Who's calling?!" He screamed at Arlen.

"It's an unknown number, i'm not sure." He said.

"Give the fuckin thing here." I said, gripping the phone from his hands. Arlen's arms went up in surrender as he took a couple small steps back. I hate getting angry, but I can be intimidating when I need.

I swiped my finger across the screen to answer the call. "hello?"

------

"I found him. He's at the McDonald's on 13th. It's not far from here." I said.

"What's he doing there?" Luke asked.

"I don't know, but let's go. I don't want him being there longer than he needs to be. It's late and you never know who's out at this hour."

I grabbed my keys from my pocket, practically sprinting to my car with Luke and Arlen following close behind me.

I barely give them a chance to get in before i'm speeding off down the road. Thankfully it's late so there's a surely no traffic out this time of night. Or morning I guess you could say.

Within ten minutes we're stopped in front of the large building, and right away I can see him sitting tiredly at one of the tables. His once perfectly styled hair a complete mess, falling into his face, he looks tired. So tired. My poor baby.

I run inside the restaurant straight to his table, kneeling down in front of him.

"Zayn, what happened to you?" My words startled him, he nearly jumped out of his skin once he realized I was there.

"E-Eli? You came. I didn't think you would."

His eyes began to water, and I can't help but pull him close. His head resting in the nape of my neck as hot tears drop to my skin.

"Shh. It's okay love. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, i'm right here."

"I-I'm s...sorry, Eli. I-I-I ruined e-everything! I don't r...remember what happened." He spoke, trying to catch his breath.

I gently pulled back and caressed his cheek.

"Dont worry about anything right now, okay? You're okay and that's all that matters. How about we get out of here, yeah?"

"C-Can you buy m-me a cheeseburger?" He let out a cute little giggle at that, which caused me to let out a smile of my own.

"I'll buy you ten cheeseburgers and fries and a drink." I smiled. At least he's still got an appetite.

"Ten?! That's too many." He exclaimed.

"Arlen and Luke are in the car, they can have some. But yes, we'll get some food, okay? Stay here."

He nodded his head as I went to the front and ordered nearly one of everything on the menu.

------

"Ohmmmgod so goooood" Zayn mumbled.

"I know right, I haven't had a cheeseburger in so long. Mmmmmm" Luke said with his mouth full.

Zayn ate a total of three cheeseburgers, a large fry, a chicken snack wrap and some nuggets. Now I have no idea where the hell he put all that food... I didn't think being able to eat that much when you're that small is even possible.

"Okay, I am stuffed and I need to get some sleep." Luke said.

"I'm with you there babe, it's already 4 am. You guys need anything before we head upstairs? The guest rooms ready for you and also the couch if you guys don't want to uh, sleep in the same room." Arlen spoke while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I don't really want to be alone... If that's okay." Zayn said in a quiet whisper.

"Then it's settled, we'll take the guest room."

"If you need anything, let us know. Alright?" Luke added.

"We will. Night, guys."

I finished off the rest of my drink, holding out my hand for Zayn to take.

"Did you want to take a shower or anything before bed?" I asked.

"Y-Yes. Please."

"There's a shower in the room you can use. It'll be safe there, okay?" I open the door to the bedroom and switch the light on.

"I'll go get you something to wear. I'll be right back."

When I come back with some clothes for him to wear, he's in the shower. I quickly place them in the counter in the bathroom and jump into bed as I wait for him to finish up.

———

Some time later, Zayn's hands wrap around my waist while his head rests gently on my chest.

"Hi," I said, as I opened my eyes up.

"Thanks for bringing clothes in for me and for everything you've done tonight. I'm sorry for treating you how I did earlier... I still don't remember what happened, but I'm sure it'll come back when I get some rest."

"It's alright, Zayn. All that matters is that you're safe now. Let's get some sleep, okay?" I said tiredly.

"Okay." He cuddled close to me, while I wrap my arms around Zayn, holding him tightly.

"Night, beautiful." I spoke softly with a gentle kiss on Zayn's forehead.

A/N -
We've made it to 300 reads! Yay! Thanks everyone who's following along with me, I hope you're enjoying the story 😊