Chapter Ten

Elias

"Don't be upset you don't have a date, Eli. I've got plenty of more than average friends who swing our way. If you know what i'm saying."

Luke gave me an over exaggerated wink as we sit back on the couch. "I'm not upset I don't have a date. I could care less" I said sternly.

"I'm sure I could find someone to spend the night with if I really wanted to, I just don't know that I do." I said.

"It's been half a year since you've been with anyone, Eli. I just want you to put yourself out there and try to find happiness." Luke answered, his hand squeezing mine gently as I give him a small smile in return.

"Enough about me. Please. It's your wedding day, we should be focussing on you."

Pausing our conversation, a knock at the front door resonates through the cabin.

"I'll get it. It's probably the suits." I said.

"Just a second!" Luke yells.

I run down the stairs, skipping a couple steps as I go. I open the door slowly as Arlens best man, Zayn, turns around to face me.

My jaw drops as I see the beautiful face I thought I'd never see again. No fucking way. Am I dreaming? Is it really him?

"I... It's y-you, but h-how?" I said nervously.

"This whole time...It's been you that Luke talks about? You're Elias?" Zayn said shyly.

I can't stop myself. I need to touch him, I have to make sure this is real.

I take a few steps forwards, reaching my hand out to cup his gorgeous face. The second my palm touches his warm golden skin, I instantly knew that this time, this wasn't a dream.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again." I spoke quietly, staring intently into his emerald green eyes.  "You're even more gorgeous than I remember." I murmured quietly.

"Elias, I..." His eyes closed as I watch him nervously chew at his lip.

"I've missed you so much..." I said. "I h-hope i'm not the only one with these feelings."

"You're not..."

"I sense a but coming." I said nervously.

"It's just... I,"

"Babe, I've been looking for you everywhere. Arlen said I could find you here." Some random fucking guy said.

"Oh...I, fuck. I'm sorry, I'm going to, uh, yeah..." I spoke quickly, removing my hand from his face and reaching around him to snatch up the two suits off the railing.

My heart clenches at the sadness that filled Zayn's beautiful features, but it's clear he doesn't feel the same way... He's moved on... He... He's with someone else.

I stormed inside the cabin slamming and locking the door behind me. The guys all gave me a few weird looks, but I barely paid it any mind as I run up the stairs.

"Woah, Woah, what's wrong with you?" Luke said worriedly.

"I..." I couldn't get any words out. My throat feels constricted and my eyes feel wattery. Wait, am I crying? The last time I cried was over ten years ago when my parents passed away.

"Oh my god, Eli! Please tell me what's going on, you're freaking me out!"

"Z-Zayn... It's - it's him, Luke."

"You're gonna have to be more specific, dude, who is he? You know him?" Luke said questioningly.

"The guy I slept with all those months ago."