EATING DISORDER

'Love and death follow hand in hand.' ~Hope Cadman

Death is a strange phenomenon. It occurs unannounced and leaves behind a  wreck of emotions. Death leaves scars on people. Scars that would hurt less as the time passes by but would never completely heal. When a person dies, they take parts of souls of people they left behind. 

For some, death is an answer to their questions. For some, it is an escape from their struggles. It is a relief from pain while it causes pain for others. Death is a strange phenomenon. One that changes according to the perspective of the viewer. It all depends on the how the person would take a death of their family member or a friend.

Hope wondered how her family would react to her death. It wasn't a first occurence. There were number of times when she wondered the same thing. She pushed those thoughts to the back as the estate came into view. She could feel her Sentinel staring at her, his gaze practically cutting the back of her head as he sat beside her but she chose to ignore it. She was too drained emotionally to have another grilling session with him or Zaiden.

Familiar hands pulled her into a tight embrace as her mother hovered over her as soon as she stepped out of the car. Her father stood behind her mother watching them with a soft yet sad smile playing on his lips as he leaned on the entrance. She wrapped her arms around her mother, relaxing into the hug.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Are you hungry? Of course, you are hungry. Come in. " Meenakshi rambled as she inspected her, checking for any visible signs of injury. Rahas sighed as he got away from the door. He wrapped an arm around her, the other one patting Hope's head affectionately.

"Relax, Love." he mumbled into her ear. "See, she is safe and fine. Let her get inside first." He gave Hope a peck on her forehead before leading his wife inside. 

Hope let out an exhausted sigh once her parents were out of hearing range.

"I hate making them worry." she grumbled as she walked inside followed by Zaiden who was holding a baby followed by Zac and Azil. 

"It's not your fault." Zai assured her.

"Who's that?" Rueben questioned as they entered the dining room. Hope didn't miss the way his body relaxed when his eyes found her. She let out another sigh as guilt threatened to choke her. One more person worrying about her. 

"Davi Arean Silva." she replied slumping into a chair. She felt exhaustion sweeping through her body in waves and yet she refused to rest. Not yet. She told herself. There are thing to be done. 

"Are you going to visit him or have a bath first." Ajax's question brought her back from her wandering thoughts. She took in his appearance. He looked as exhausted as she felt. 

'Life is a dirty witch'  she thought as she stood up and walked towards the medical wing. Pain erupted through out her body as her eyes fell on his lifeless form in a box. A pain so intense that it almost brought her down to the floor. On the inside, she could feel a part of her soul dying but on the outside, her face displayed no emotions. 

She could feel the eyes of her family members standing outside, following her moments as she walked towards him. She pressed a kiss to her palm and placed it on his forehead as she bent down. 

"You fought a good fight, brother. And we'll carry on the fight for you. It's time for you to go. Know that you are loved and you will be missed. Rest in peace Rafiq." she whispered softly. "Your Esme is waiting for you."

Devon stared at the scene in respect. Her whispered words were heard throughout the room due to the stillness of the place. He wished he could take her pain away. All that hurt and torture and yet here she was, saying goodbye to another family member. His little sister was one hell of a woman.