YOU ARE AN IDIOT

I am surrounded by idiots who are capable of firing a gun without missing their aim ~Ajax Sinner

Hayes  looked around the table when he heard his brothers groan. Devon glanced at them. Vincent, Rueben and Hayes were staring at Hope who was drinking her coffee and Ajax was looking at Hope with an amused smile. "Shall we speak in the living room?" he asked them. They nodded and followed him out of the kitchen.

 "So let us start with introductions. I am Devon Angelo Sinner. I am 29 years old. I  usually go by D or Dev at home." Devon said after everyone found a place to sit. It was then he noticed that his sister's right wrist was wrapped  in a  bandage. Vincent went next "Vincent Kain Sinner. 27" he grumbled.

"I am Rueben Shea Sinner. I am 24." Rueben chirped. He was the momma bear of the house and the most active one during the mornings. "Everett Keith Sinner. I am 23" Everett said. He was yet to take his eyes off of Hope. 

"I am Ajax Ryo Sinner. I usually go by Aj or Jax. I am gonna turn 18 in about a month" he said. Then he glanced at Hayes. "Hayes Aryell Sinner. 16" 

All of them looked at her waiting for her to  speak. " My name is Hope Angelina Sinner. I am 16"  she muttered. Devon felt relieved. "Now that introductions are out of the way, what happened to your wrist Hayley ?" he questioned her. He purposefully called her Hayley. That was the name his father choose for her. He wanted to know why she got it changed.

Hope was hoping that Devon wouldn't ask questions about her wrist or use her old name. The name brought back memories she wanted to forget. But no, he just had to call her that. " It is just sprained Devon and my name is Hope. I would like it if it remained that way." she answered.

Ajax was glad that nobody brought up what happened in the kitchen. "What do you mean by 'Ajax isn't Aunt Emma's son'?" Everett asked. 'Spoke too soon' he thought. He didn't want to reveal his past. But his sister, she didn't give him that option. "Est-ce vraiment necessaire" (was that really necessary?) he asked her. She gave him a short nod. The brothers looked curious as they heard French.

"Devon, do you remember the brother that got kidnapped right after he was born?" Hope asked him. He thought for a moment and nodded. He didn't remember the complete details, just the hazy ones. "Aunt Emma found him when he was 7. Ajax has been living with me ever since he was 7 years old." 'Well that is true, just not the whole truth' she thought to herself.

 "Is my old room still intact?" she asked them. Everett nodded then looked surprised "Wait, you actually remember where your old room is?" he asked her. Again she nodded. It was then Vincent noticed her eye colour. Her eyes were  dark blue in color. Not silver but blue. 

"Are you really our sister?" he blurted out. He couldn't stop himself. He wanted to believe that she was really his sister. But his sister's eyes were a rare shade of silver, not blue. "Well, that's what the DNA  test said. So yes I am." she replied. Then he looked at Ajax. There was no doubt that he was their brother. He was  a carbon copy of Rueben and Riven. "But you have blue eyes not silver." he retorted. 

At that all the brothers looked at her eyes. Sure enough, they were blue in colour. Hope was a carbon copy of Devon. Except for the eye colour. While Devon had sterling grey eyes, Hope had silver eyes. Despite being Hayes's twin, Hope and Devon would be mistaken as twins if not for their age difference.

Hope just rolled her eyes, turned around and picked out a box from one of the suitcases. When she turned back her eyes were silver. "Blue lenses." she answered. Everett picked up a lens and pressed it between his fingers.  "Oops" he muttered when the lens shattered.

"Everett, you are an idiot, why would you do that?" she asked him. He just gave her a cheeky smile. She huffed at him, picked up her guitar case and climbed upstairs as the others followed her carrying the suitcases.