AN OLD ENEMY AND BITTERSWEET MEMORIES

Crede instinctus. ~Hope Sinner

The only sound heard through out the room was breathing. Everyone watched as Hope set her piercing glare on Addyson waiting for her answer. The question came as a shock to the Sinner brothers.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Addyson's voice came out firm despite her racing heart. Hope couldn't help the amused chuckle that escaped her. This person infront of her had a part in the attack. An attack that put her family members in danger. And yet she has the audacity to lie to her boldly.

"And I have zero brains." Hope retorted. The chair scraping on the floor was the only sound heard as she pinned Addyson to the wall behind her in a flash. Addyson gulped as she took in Hope's lethal expression. Hope placed her left hand beside Addyson's face as her other hand gripped the latter's throat. She heard the sound of multiple chairs scraping as the others got up, no doubt to pull her off of Addyson.

"Don't." she warned them, her eyes still trained on Addyson. "Don't interfere."

"Hope, let her go." Rueben told her as he took a step forward.

"I said stay out of it." Hope replied in a chilling tone. 

"Now, answer my question if you intend to stay alive." she snapped.

"I really d-don't kn-know." Addyson stammered as Hope's vice like grip tightened around her throat, cutting off her air supply. She clawed at her throat as she tried to pry Hope's hands away.

"I want an honest answer. I have no time to play your games and my patience is running out."

"He has my brother." she rasped out. Hope released her and pushed her towards her chair. She handed her a water bottle. Addyson shot her a disbelieving look as she took the bottle, examining it cautiously.

"I didn't poison it." Hope told her, rolling her eyes. Addyson shook her head as she uncapped the bottle, gulping down it's contents.

"Who is Cathal Walsh?" Devon asked, once all of them settled back into their seats.

"The one who attacked us in the mansion." Ajax replied.

"Is he the same one who went after Thia?" Carver asked.

"No." came Hope's short reply

"Cathal Walsh is the Irish Don." Eriks started.

"He has a deep grudge against your father." Evangeline continued.

"Hence tonight's attack." Natalya chimed in.

"Cathal Walsh also happens to be our half-brother." Hope concluded as she eyed her cookie carefully before dipping it into her milk. Rueben let out a disbelieving chuckle as he observed her actions. She was sitting there eating her cookies as if she hasn't just choked someone.

"I thought our half-brother was in Britain." Vincent chimed in with a frown.

"He is." Hope agreed. "We are talking about two different people here."

"How many half-siblings do we have?" Everett muttered.

"Just two." Hope replied.