ANSWERS AND QUESTIONS (ii)

'Can you be any more annoying?' ~Riven Sinner

All of them were gathered in Hope's bedroom. She said that she will answer their questions once she has showered and had something to eat. Atriya had reheated the leftover pasta and brought it up. She was still in the shower and they were waiting for her.

Riven looked around her room. It was designed in white and black colours mostly. There was a howling wolf mural painted on the wall behind the wall. The rest of the walls were white. The ceiling was painted in night sky theme. The room overall looked breathtaking. There were thoughts and quotes painted on the walls. 

"Who designed the room?" he asked.

"I did." came Hope's voice as she came out of the closet in her pyjamas. She picked up the plate and made herself comfortable on the bed. 

"Why was that car following us?" she asked after a couple of bites, her eyes trained on Vincent. Vincent looked at Devon. Devon sighed. 

"All right. Don't freak. Weareinthemafia." He rushed out the last part nervously. Hope raised an eyebrow. He slumped his shoulders in defeat. 

"We are in the mafia. The leader of the Italian mafia to be specific." Atriya said. Hope shrugged in response.

"You knew that, didn't you?" Riven asked. She just winked at him.

"How did you know that?" Everett asked. They weren't allowed to know about that till they were 16. Though Hope was going to be 17 soon, he didn't want his sister to know about the gory details of their lifestyle.

"Magic."

He groaned at her response. Her tone left no space for further arguments or questions on that topic. Everybody was quiet for a while. Hope broke the silence.

"I actually miss those teddy bear hugs. Wow, that's new" she muttered to herself. Everybody perked up at that.

"What?" Hayes asked, his tone laced with confusion. Ajax chuckled as he answered.

"Her and Zai have this thing with hugs. She calls Zai's hugs teddy bear hugs."

"Who would have thought that I would miss those of all things?" she said out loud.

"I know how to shoot a gun Vincent." she said after a while. Vincent raised his eyebrows.

"How do you know that? No, Why do you even carry one with you?" he asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out. Where's Addyson?"

"Sleeping." Rueben answered. She nodded as she ate the last of her food.

"Why did you change the magazine?" Vincent asked. The others raised their eyebrows at that.

"Gimme a second." She got up and rummaged through her backpack. She pulled a gun, two magazines and two little remotes out and laid them on the bed. One of the remotes had a red button while the other had a green one. She picked up a magazine and emptied it.

"These aren't normal bullets. They explode and can cause mayhem once shot. This little button activates them once they are shot." she explained as she held up the bullets and a remote with the red button.