THE PHONE CALL

SINNER MANSION, NEW YORK

A phone call can change your life. ~Devon  Sinner

As he lay in the bed with his arms wrapped around her, he thought about the last few years. The joy he felt when she looked at him, her eyes filled with love and adoration. He vowed to never let go of her. He looked at her when he felt  her tracing the tattoo on his heart. He had a few  tattoos. She knew the meaning of everyone of his tattoos except that one. She never pressured him about it. It was a painful subject for him. He was a danger to her but he wasn't going to let her go. The world he lived in was dangerous. Being the leader of a part of the underworld was even more dangerous. No, Atriya Alva was his for life. He has enough regrets as it is, he wasn't going to add to them by letting her go in the pretense of protecting her. He was going to make sure she was safe no matter the cost.

 "Do you want to know about that tattoo?" he whispered. He wanted to tell her about it.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" she whispered back. She loved that tattoo out of all of his tattoos. She knew it was a painful subject but she couldn't help it. She was curious about it.

" I got it when I was 15. Her name is Hayley. She is the first girl I ever loved after my mother. That is her pulse. And those names are my nicknames. She gave them to me. 'Eroe' and 'Devi' that was what she used to call me. She was this cute little doll. She would come hug me as soon as I came back from school. " He smiled softly remembering those beautiful memories. "She is my sister. She is Hayes's twin. Dad sent her to live with my aunt 6 months  after mom died. He said it would keep her safe. Then my aunt disappeared. I don't know where she is. I don't even  know if she is alive, but I think she is. Call it a brother's intuition."

 Atriya didn't know what to say. She knew his family but she didn't know about his sister "It would have been nice to know her." she replied as she traced the tattoo one more time. For a while neither of them said anything. the silence wasn't suffocating.  It was peaceful. Devon's phone rang. he didn't know who was going to call him at this time in the night, but he answered the call anyway.

"Hello, this is officer Grant from APD, Pennsylvania. Is this Devon Sinner?" came a male voice from the other end of the line. Devon frowned as he replied with a curt yes.

 "Your aunt Emma has been arrested for drug dealing and theft. There were two kids in her custody. A DNA test has been performed and their DNA matched yours. Are you willing to take in Hope Green and Ajax Green?" the officer questioned. Devon's heart skipped a couple of beats. His sister was possibly alive. He didn't know his aunt had a son. But it didn't matter to him. No, all that mattered was his sister was possibly alive. She was coming back home. If that means there was going to be another person in the house, he was going to accept it.

  "Hello? Mr. Sinner. Are you listening?" the officer asked. Devon didn't hesitate before answering. "Yes. I am on my way. " With that he hung up. He looked at Atriya. He couldn't believe it. His little sister was coming back home. His angel was coming back to him.

 "She's alive. She's coming home." That was all he said. That was all he could say. Atriya stared at him. She took his hand in hers and smiled at him. She was happy for him. She wanted to meet her.

 He stood up, pressed a kiss on her hand and walked into the closet. 15 minutes later he stood in front of her. He was nervous. He pressed his forehead to hers and took in a couple of deep breaths. She closed her eyes and smiled. She opened her eyes and put her hands around his neck.

 "Go. Get her. Ti voglio bene Angelo." she said. He smiled. "I will. Ti voglio bene, Dove." With that he walked out. And for once, Devon Sinner felt complete again, a feeling he missed for 14 years.