"What do you think, big fellow? Are they dead?", The Doctor asks the Sycorax.

"We allow them to live."

"Allow? You've no choice. I mean, that's all blood control is. A cheap bit of voodoo. Scares the pants off you, but that's as far as it goes. It's like hypnosis. You can hypnotise someone to walk like a chicken or sing like Elvis. You can't hypnotise them to death. Survival instinct's too strong.", Juliet smirks at the alien.

"Blood control was just one form of conquest. I can summon the armada and take this world by force."

"Well, yeah, you could, yeah, you could do that, of course you could. But why? Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than. No, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!", The Doctor exclaims suddenly.

"Or what?"

"Or-", The Doctor takes a sword from an aide and runs back towards the Tardis.

"I challenge you."

There is a general uprising of laughter.

"Oh, that struck a chord. Am I right that the sanctified rules of combat still apply?", The Doctor asks.

"You stand as this world's champion."

"Thank you. I've no idea who I am, but you
just summed me up.", The Doctor throws his dressing gown to the nearest person, that just so happens to be Juliet.

"So, you accept my challenge? Or are you just a cranak pel casacree salvak?", This insult makes up the leader's mind.

"For the planet?", Sycorax asks.

"For the planet.", The Doctor confirms.

They clash swords.

"Look out!", Rose calls.

"Oh, yeah, that helps. Wouldn't have thought of that otherwise, thanks."

The leader is the more experienced swordsman. The Doctor retreats up a tunnel.

"Bit of fresh air?", The Doctor asks.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
And out into the day light. The Doctor drops the sword but no time is wasted as Juliet rushes in and holds the sword now, ready to fight.

"Stay back! Invalidate the challenge and he wins the planet.", The Doctor holds his arm out in front of Rose so she can't run to Juliet.

The leader knocks the Juliet down then slashes. He misses and she dives several of the blows until she suddenly cries out in pain as her foot has been chopped clean off and is now lying on the ground.

"Jules!!", Rose cries for her lover as the Doctor rushes over and takes hold of the sword once again to finish this battle once and for all. Rose rushes to Juliet's side as her foot is suddenly regenerated.

Meanwhile, the Doctor and the Sycorax are battling near the edge. Suddenly, the Sycorax brings it's sword down and chops the Doctor's hand off. Both the sword and his hand fall to Earth.