The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 19

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I think this book is coming to an end.... BUT.... ITS NOT THE END! There will be a part TWO TO THIS BOOK! SO STAY TUNED! Btw, part 2 of this book will keep the same characters... Just more into the story line LOL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19:

2 MONTHS LATER:

"Good morning, students and parents of students of Pritchard High. It has been 10 months, since you walked through those doors to begin another fantastic year of learning. Our tenth graders moving on to eleventh, our eleventh graders moving on to twelfth, and our twelfth graders are ready to go out on their own, exploring the world in any way they wish to." As soon as Mrs. Adamski said that, Damien grabbed my hand and squeezed it. This was it. The last day of school. Graduation day. Mrs. Adamski smiled. "As you all scatter about, exploring the world, I wish you all twelfth graders luck. And with that, I shall pass the microphone to your student body President, Scott Peterson." Scott Peterson was Damien's best friend. He had blonde, messy hair and blue eyes. He was really nice and accepting of me and Damien's relationship, and was dating Danielle, finally making her stay on one boy. I could tell they were in love. Cheers erupted from the crowd as Scott took the mic. "Wow, it has been a long 10 months. We have all grown so much since the first day. I just want to say I am pleased to say a speech for the last day of High School. I didn't think a proper goodbye would even suffice so I am honored to say this to all of you graduating. I hope as you all go out on your own that you have learned from your High School experiences but I also hope that you make mistakes. You must all know the saying 'you learn from your mistakes' but I feel that is exactly what motto you should live by. Say hello to the girl at the cash register; she might be the one saying I Do at your wedding. Make friends with the person everyone ignores; they could be the one sticking by your side all through life. What I am just trying to say is, take every chance you get and live life like a rockstar. Maybe in the future some of you will soon be discovering Ancient Egypt artifacts, walking on the moon, or even walking on the red carpet. Whatever you do, make the best out of it! Before I wrap up this short speech, I just want to say goodbye and I hope you all kick ass in life!" Everyone clapped at the end. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. This was officially the end of High School. Mrs. Adamski came back on stage. She paused for a bit. "I now pronounce you graduates of Pritchard High!" Everyone stood up, and tossed their graduation caps into the air. Caps filled the air and cheers became louder than before. I turned to Damien with tear stained cheeks. "We graduated!" I yelled, hugging and squeezing him really hard. Damien laughed and hugged me back. "I can't believe this is over. I'm really going to miss a lot of people," he said, looking around at all the people in the crowd. I nodded. "Same. With you going to NYU, I will really be lonely," I said, fresh tears rolling down my cheek. Damien was going to NYU and I was going to community college. Damien kissed me. I felt as if this was our last kiss. I felt everyone and everything slip away and it was just me and Damien. I pouted when he broke the kiss. "Come on, let's go find Stacey and our parents."

We found our parents and Stacey. Stacey was getting a baby bump and she told her family. They were supportive about it. My mom ran up to hug me. She was sitting with Damien's family. Luckily, the graduation date was during the week my mom didn't have work to tend to. "Honey! Congratulations! I am so proud of you! You too, Damien!" She said, hugging me and then hugging Damien. I went to Damien's parents and they both hugged me. "Congratulations! I bet you will miss Damien, huh?" Mrs. Parker said, teasing me. I laughed a bittersweet laugh. "Yeah but I will visit! I am also really excited to help out with Stacey's baby!" Stacey smiled at me. She decided on staying here for the baby. Stacey gave me a hug. "Congratulations! I am so grateful to have you by my side." I smiled at her.

A few hours later, it was the Graduation Party. All the graduates went to a hotel and had a fancy party. Me and Danielle went shopping for dresses. She was wearing a black, strapless, mini dress. It was simple but on her, it looked simply gorgeous. I bought a brown, strapless, mini dress, with a black belt. I wore it with black high heels and wore my hair down and straight, my bangs pinned at the side. I didn't tell Damien what my dress looked like. I wanted it to be a surprise. At the party, I went with Danielle and Damien went with Scott. The ballroom was big and beautiful. Tables were against the wall with candles in the center. As we walked in, we looked around. It was already packed with people. We didn't know what Damien and Scott were wearing either. "Where do you think they are?" I asked Danielle. Danielle shrugged and took my hand, pulling me in more. "I don't know. Let's find them!" We walked around and around the whole ballroom. When we were just about to give up, I felt hands hug my waist. "You look beautiful," Damien said, his seductive voice making me melt like butter. I turned around. Damien looked HANDSOME. I was surprised no girls fainted once they saw him. He looked stunning in his black tuxedo. His brown bangs fluffed up, showing his eyes more. "Thanks. You look really handsome," I said, smiling. Once the ballroom was filled up, we all ate and soon, the dance floor was open. We danced the night away to fast songs. Just then, Forever Ain't Enough by J Holiday started playing. Damien looked at me and smiled. "May I have the honor of dancing with you?" He said, sounding so sexy. I had to resist the urge of just tackling him to the ground and kissing the life out of him. I nodded and he took my hand and let me to the dance floor. We swayed softly to the music. "I'll miss you," he said, his breath tickling my ear. I smiled even though he couldn't see it. "I will miss you, too." As the song ended, a fast song came up and couples everywhere reluctantly pulled away. Damien nodded his head to the door. "Take a walk with me?" He asked, smiling adorably. I smiled. "Sure."

We walked outside for a bit in the garden. "Wow, graduating. I still can't believe it," he said, his hand around my waist as we walked. I nodded. "I can't believe it either. I'm still shocked." Just then, Damien stopped and pulled me into a kiss. Our kiss deepened and I found our hands locking with each other. I pulled away. Damien looked confused. "What's wrong?" I had to say it. I felt this way about him. I just had to say it. "I love you, Damien," I finally said, for the first time. Damien smiled. "I love you too, Madison." Then, we continued kissing, under the star covered sky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THIS IS THE END! Sad... LOL. BUT I WILL WRITE PART TWO SOON! Once I get the time LOL. So.... STAY TUNED!!