The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

"So, Damien, please, tell me more about yourself. I am so grateful that my daughter has a new friend..... Especially one that is a boy," my mom said, smiling at Damien. Damien smiled back. "Well, I'm an only child. I'm seventeen. I like to play soccer." Mom kept grinning like crazy at him. You would have thought she had some crush on him like the girls at school. "And you and my daughter hang out? How are you liking your new school?" I rolled my eyes and mom gave me the look to stop. "Yes, me and Madison hang out sometimes. School is great. Many, many friendly people," he said. A hint of a smirk at the corner of his lips appeared as he was talking about friendly people. I knew that the "friendly people" were basically just fan girls. "Oh well, that's nice! What do you think of Madison? You know, she doesn't make friends easily. You must be special!" My eyes got big. "Mom!" I said, throwing a pillow from the couch at her. Mom caught it quickly and shook her head at me. "Maddie! Don't be throwing stuff around! I'm just trying to have a nice, calm conversation with Damien." I rolled my eyes. "Conversation and interview are different from each other, mom." Mom sighed. "Well, then you are not part of this interview. Go to your room while me and Damien can continue." I gaped at her. I stomped upstairs. I felt so humiliated. Especially in front of Damien! How dare she make a fool out of me in front of the most popular guy at school!

An hour later, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Maddie?" It said, opening my door. I looked up to see mom. "Damien left, honey. He is definitely eye candy!" That was gross... Coming from the mom of a teenager who kissed the same eye candy. "Mom, that's disgusting. You're old," I said. Mom laughed and shook her head. "Not for me! For you! You guys look really good together!" I almost laughed out loud. Good together? Yeah, right. "No, mom! Just no, okay? He doesn't like me like that and I don't either!" Mom raised an eyebrow. "Okay first of all, who said anything about you liking him? Second of all, you didn't hear anything from that 'interview' after you left," she said, putting air quotes around interview, mocking me. "Well, what did you guys talk about?" I asked, suddenly interested. Wait, why am I so interested? "For starters, he said you were sarcastic, you get annoyed easily, and you seem to always be mad at the world." I rolled my eyes. "You didn't have to tell me that," I said, covering my face with a pillow. Mom took the pillow off my head. "But he also said you were nice, beautiful, poised, and smart." I sat up in my bed, realizing what she just said. Did he really think of me as all those things? Mom smiled at my surprised expression and went back downstairs. I sat there, thinking more. Why was I getting these sudden feelings of loving Damien? I didn't love him! He just came here on Thursday! I shook away the feeling and turned on my ipod to Tapwater by Onesidezero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the lack of Damien in this one! I just really wanted someone else's opinion on Damien and Madison's relationship! OH and I know what I am going to do! I am going to finish this, do Who Am I, and then after that A NEW STORY SERIES! I can't tell you about it yet but I can tell you it is going to be so sweet! XD