The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

I woke up the next day. the hot sun on my face. I got dressed, deciding to put on more optimistic and pretty clothing. I decided on a floral tanktop with a jeanskirt and black flats. I curled my hair with a flat iron and pulled and clipped my bangs up. I wouldn't say I was conceited but boy, I looked GOOD! I never realized how nice of a body I had. Perfect hourglass shape and long and skinny legs, with a tan tone to it. I changed my makeup too, changing the traditional thick black eyeliner all around my eyes to a thin line just along the top of my lid and a few coats of mascara. I also traded in my red lipstick for a pink tinted lip gloss. I took a look at myself in the mirror. I was pleased. I decided to dress like this more often. Suddenly, my cell phone rang. I answered it without looking at the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Maddie! How are you this beautiful morning?"

I recognized the voice. The husky, suave, and seductive voice. Damien.

"Hi, Damien. I am good. What's up?"

"I was thinking, maybe we should ride to school together. You know, since we are official. So, I have decided that I am going to take you to school today."

"Okay! Pick me up. I'm already ready."

"No need to, my princess. Look at your window."

I looked out my window and saw my prince-like boyfriend, leaning against his car door, as if he was posing as a model. I laughed and went downstairs. As I walked out the door, Damien's eyes got big. He smiled and pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "You look beautiful," he said, opening the car door for me. I smiled. "Thank you. You too." Then, we drove off to school.

As we pulled into the school's parking lot, I got a little nervous. Damien opened my door for me and I stepped out. "Nervous?" He asked, smiling. I shrugged. "Maybe just a little. I can't wait to get into a cat fight with all the girls who were dying to be with you," I said, sarcastically. Damien laughed and held out his hand. I took his hand nervously, as if we were at death's door. We walked up the stairs to the school. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. "Oh my god. Say it ain't so," I heard a girl say. "He's just going to break her heart," I heard another girl say. I tensed up but Damien put his lips to my ear. "Don't let them get to you, Madison," he said and I relaxed. Just a little bit. I saw Danielle in the crowd and her eyes got big as she saw us. "Oh my gosh! It is true!" She yelled out, smiling. I nodded slightly. "I'll meet you at lunch, okay?" Damien said, letting go of my hand and walking up to his friends. I walked up to Danielle. "Madison, you are the luckiest girl in the world right now. You know that?" Danielle said, looking around at all the girls staring at me in hatred. I laughed. "I guess so." Danielle looked me up and down, presumably at my change of how I dressed. "Oh my god! Madison Dennings has a body! You should dress like this more often. Instead of those ugly and plain clothing," Danielle said, in awe. I laughed and nodded. "I think so, too. I actually like it. It makes me feel pretty," I said, truthfully. Danielle rolled her eyes and laughed. "You were always pretty, you just hid it underneath your heavy makeup and clothes. If I didn't know you, I would think you were a model." I blushed and bit my lip. The bell rang and we all rushed inside. After attendance, we had English. I walked over to my class and saw Damien. We both didn't want to risk being late so we just gave each other smiles. I still heard the girls gasp, though, in shock. I walked over to English and took my seat in the back. I felt every girl's and maybe a few guy's eyes on me as I took my seat. One girl, who I knew was from the cheer squad, leaned over to me. "You and Damien Parker, huh?" She said, a cold tone to her voice. I nodded slowly. "Uh, yes. What about us?" The girl laughed, a little deviously. "Don't think some emo girl like you will have him for long. Damien's not the one to be in a relationship. Let me just say, he's more of the 'wam, bam, thank you ma'am' type of guy. Before you know it, you'll be begging him back," she said, with a smug smile. I rolled my eyes. "Damien and I like each other, okay? Whether you like it or not, I want you to back off and leave our relationship alone." School hasn't even technically started and this girl was pissing me off. The girl fake smiled at me and leaned back in her seat. Today was going to be a long day.

As of lunch, I had about 5 girls tell me that I was just another one of Damien's fan girls and that my heart will be broken. I didn't know if that was true or they were just really jealous, but it pissed me off. As I was getting my lunch, I felt arms hug me around my waist. "How was school today?" Damien said, into my hair. I sighed. "Bad. I've been getting attacked by girls all day," I said turning around to look at him. Damien smiled, sympathetically. We both got our lunches and sat at a table, by ourselves. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. I awkwardly took a bite out of my salad. Damien leaned over the table and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I feel like this is my fault," he said, seriously. I knew he didn't mean to say it conceitedly. "It's okay. Girls are girls. We want what we can't have," I said, a smile on my face. Damien chuckled and took my face in his hands. "You saying you have me?" He said, winking. I laughed. Before, if he said this, it would annoy the hell out of me. But now, it made him even hotter, if possible. I nodded. "That's exactly what I'm saying." Damien smiled and leaned over the table more, kissing me lightly on the lips. I heard everyone gasp. "Oh my god! He kissed the virgin!" I heard a girl say. I laughed. Even though that was technically an insult, it was kind of funny. Suddenly, Jessica Masters walked up to us. I swear, this girl wore the most sluttiest clothes she can wear without getting in trouble. She sat on Damien's lap, aware that we were just making out a few seconds ago. She looked at me and gave me a smug smile. "Hello, baby. I missed you over the weekend," she said, into his ear. I felt the jealousy rise up in me. I kept my cool though. Damien had a pained expression on his face and tried not to let his hands touch any part of her. "Jessica, can't you see I'm with Madison?" He said, gesturing towards me. Jessica looked at me as if she never noticed me before. "Oh, hey Madison! I was just talking to my boyfriend over here. Don't mind me!" She said, before giving me a fake innocent smile. Damien rolled his eyes. "Jessica, don't be a bitch! Get the fuck off me. I don't like you!" He said, lightly pushing her off. Jessica still wouldn't budge. "Come on, babe. You liked this position before," she said, making sure her fake boobs pressed against him. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up, leaned over the table, and gave Jessica a push. "Could you be more of a slut, Jessica?!" I yelled, as she fell to the ground. Jessica glared at me, still on the ground. "Bitch, you think you can just push me around? I'm head cheerleader and whatever I want, I get it right away. Damien will come to his senses soon. Soon, he will be fucking every girl in the school and you will just be another fan," she said, coldly, as she got up. I glared at her as she walked off. By then, the whole cafeteria was watching. Damien grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. "Come on, we don't need these people," he said, glaring at all of them, before pulling me out of the cafeteria. "Are you okay?" He said, as soon as we were safe. I nodded, almost on the verge of tears. Too late. I felt a tear lightly fall down my cheek. Damien sighed and kissed them away. "Don't cry over them, Madison. They are not worth it," he said, embracing me. I put my arms around him and we just stood there. Alone, in the hallway. Not bothering to let go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Wow, intense! LOL. Well, I hope you liked it! After I eat, I might put up the next chapter. Who knows? I don't know LOL. Well, stay tuned!