The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

I awoke the next morning. After putting on a jean skirt and plain white tank top, I went downstairs to the kitchen. I found Damien sitting at the island, by himself. He smiled as I walked in. "Good morning," he said, getting up to greet me. I gave him a light kiss on the lips. Damien laughed. "Mmm, peppermint," he said, licking his lips. I laughed and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. "Where's your mom?" I asked. "Doing business. Hey, I want to talk to you about something," he said. I froze. I hated when people say they needed to talk to me. Good or bad, it got me nervous. Damien laughed and stroked my cheek. "Don't worry, it's not bad. I was just wondering if you want to go to Jessica Master's party tonight." I cocked an eyebrow. "Hmm, do you really need to know the answer to that?" I said, sarcastically. Damien stuck his bottom lip out. "Aww come on, Princess! It will be fun! You can stick beside me the whole time if you want. Plus, Danielle will be there!" I didn't know if I wanted to say yes or no. Jessica Master's party? I never been to a teenage party before but I heard a lot about the ones Jessica held. They were WILD. Damien smiled smugly. "I can make you change your mind," he said, leaning in to kiss me. His lips lightly brushed against mine, before pressing harder. His arms pulled my body closer to his, leaving no space in between. He asked for entrance in my mouth and I let him. This kiss had to be one of the best we had. Suddenly, he pulled away. "Fine. We'll go," I said, breathless from our kiss. Damien smirked and pulled me into another hug. Suddenly, his face turned confused. "Where's Stacey? She's usually up early." I froze again. I couldn't tell him about Stacey being pregnant! "She's probably tired from her flight. Jet lag, you know?" I lied. I hated lying, especially to Damien but I couldn't help it. "Oh, weird," Damien said, scrunching his eyebrows together.

I dreaded for this moment. I promised Damien I would go but I didn't want to. I was going to feel out of place. We arrived at around 9 at night and parked a block away from the party. Damien opened my door for me, putting his arm around my waist. "Don't worry. You'll have fun. Plus, you're kind of popular now that you are dating yours truly," he said, smiling crookedly. I was still nervous. As we walked in the door, a girl who I knew also from the cheer squad, fell to the floor. She got up, swaying a bit. "Whoopsies! Pardon, misters. I'm just a little bit tipsy," she said, stumbling over her words. I tried to hold in my laugh. This girl was popular? Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm. It was Danielle. "Maddie! What are you doing here? Normally I can't drag you to a party!" She said, surprised. She was sort of drunk but looked like she was still in control. I laughed. "Yeah, well, Damien is quite persuasive at times." Damien laughed and leaned to my ear. "Listen, you hang out with Danielle. If you need me, I'm just hanging out in the living room with the football team, okay? Have fun!" Danielle pulled me away before I could say anything back. She took me to the kitchen and pulled a cooler out of the fridge. "Here. You look like you need this," she said, handing me the bottle. I stared at it for a bit. I don't know if I should drink. But who knows? It might loosen me up a bit. And I was really thirsty. I took off the cao and drank out of it. Before I knew it, I was getting tipsy myself. I stumbled over to Damien. He was clearly sober. He stared in shock at me as I walked over to him, his eyes on the drink in my hand."Madison, are you drinking?" He said, shocked. I nodded and giggled. "It's tasty. Try it," I said, practically shoving the drink in his face. He shook his head. Ths song "OMG" by Usher started playing and I grabbed Damien's hand, pulling him towards where everyone was dancing. "Dance with me," I said, putting his hands on my hips and my hands around his neck. We started dancing together, swaying to the music. I was a bit off beat due to my drunkiness. The song ended and I walked away to find Danielle. I found her in the kitchen, making out with a guy I didn't recognize on the counter. Before I could turn away, a guy grabbed my arm. "You're Madison, right?" He said, leaning into me. I smelled the beer on his breath. I nodded. "Yup, that's me. You are who?" I said, not caring that I sounded rude at the time. The guy laughed and pulled me closer. "You don't need to know, honey. I just want some fun." I pushed him away. I wasn't too drunk that I didn't remember I had a boyfriend. "I have a boyfriend, asswipe," I said, turning to walk away. The guy pushed me against the wall, his hands on both sides of my head. Normally, I would have loved this position with Damien but this was creepy with this guy. "I know you have a boyfriend. You have been the hottest topic in school all week. Not to mention, one of the most popular girls now." I smiled, slightly. Wow, me? A popular girl? The guy smiled and mashed his mouth against mine. I moaned against his lips in pain. I pushed him away, causing him to bump into the door behind him. His face turned from shocked to angry as he pulled me into the door, locking it behind him.