The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

I woke up, my earbuds still in my ears. I rolled over and felt up my bed. It was empty. Damien didn't sleep over. I felt a sudden pang of sadness. Why? I had no idea. I got out of bed. I was still in my clothes from yesterday. Ugh! I need to stop doing that. Just then, my phone rang. I picked it up and before I could say "hello" someone said it for me. "Madison?" The voice said, in singsong. The voice was a guy's voice. "What? I have no time for this. Who are you?" I demanded. The boy laughed. "Relax. It's me. Damien." I froze. Damien. I didn't know how to react towards him anymore after what my mom told me. After a pause, Damien spoke. "Madison? Are you there?" I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "I'm here. What did you call for?" I asked. "I just wanted to see if you wanted to meet my parents. Since I have met your mom, it's only fair if you meet mine." I froze again. What do I say? I didn't want to seem eager. And I didn't want to meet his parents. That's only what couples did, right? And we were definitely not a couple. I sighed. "What if they don't like me?" I asked, genuinely nervous. Damien chuckled. I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Madison, that's ridiculous! You are a very likeable person. Honestly. Please meet my parents," he said. I blushed, grateful that Damien didn't see me. "Fine," I finally said. "Great! I will pick you up in an hour! We are going to get breakfast at the Pancake House and then we are going back to my house and just chill. Sound good for you?" Damien said. This didn't sound like the jerk I knew. I mean, I knew it was Damien but this Damien seemed so nice. "Yes, that sounds good. I'll see you then," I said, before hanging up. I started panicking and I ran to my closet. Since his parents are so rich, I cannot wear my t-shirts and jeans. I heard my mom come up the stairs. "Madison? What's all the thumping going on?" She asked, opening my door to find me scrambling through my closet. I sat down in a slump in the pile of clothes on my floor. "I have nothing to wear!" I said, with fistfuls of clothes in my hands. Mom slumped on the floor with me and enveloped me into a hug. "Baby, why? Where are you going?" I sighed. "Damien's parents want to meet me but his parents are extremely rich. All the clothes I have are t-shirts and jeans. I need to make an impression!" Mom laughed. "Aww honey, you worry too much! Let's see if I have some clothes for you," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to her room. We scattered through clothes in her closet until we finally settled on a white, lacy, babydoll shirt and dark blue skinny jeans that I can wear with my brown, knee high boots. I put it on and pulled my hair half up. I looked more presentable. Mom smiled at me. "You look beautiful, honey. Damien and his parents will love it!" I shook my head. "Me and Damien are not dating. Just friends." Mom shrugged. "Friends, lovers. He'll love you in it, regardless." Suddenly, the door started knocking. Mom squealed. "That must be him! Good luck, baby!" She said, as I walked down the stairs to open the door.

"Madison?" Damien said, eyeing my outfit. It was like he didn't recognize me. I laughed and nodded. "Hello, Damien," I said, with a smile. Damien continued to stare at me until he shook his head and smirked. "You look different," he said, laughing. I rolled my eyes. "Well, I just wanted to dress to impress." Damien held his arm out so I can link mine through it. I did and we started walking towards the really nice car. It was his parents. Suddenly, Damien pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear. "You look beautiful, Madison." I blushed. Good thing I put blush on my cheeks before I left. "Thanks, you are not too bad yourself," I said, smiling. Damien opened the door for me so I can get in the backseat. His mom turned around in the passenger seat and smiled at me. "You must be Madison! Damien told us so many things about you!" Damien rolled his eyes as he got in beside me. "Mom!" He said, annoyed. His dad turned around too. "Hello, Madison! We've heard so many things about you! Damien doesn't talk about any girls except for you!" Damien's eyes got big. "Dad! Just drive, please?" Mr. Parker laughed and drove off. They knew about me? What type of things did Damien tell them? Did they like me already? We shall see....