The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 6

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

YES! I managed to get a chapter up! Just a little fun fact for this chapter: THIS CHAPTER WAS ACTUALLY NOT MEANT TO BE IN THIS! I was just really bored and typed out a mini rough draft on my phone that was just for fun but it ended up to be really good so now I have put it in the actual book LOL. So, here you go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6:

I awoke to the smell of pancakes. My bed was empty but I knew someone slept with me as there was a noticeable empty spot next to me. I ran my hand over the sheets. The spot was warm. I got out of bed. I was still in my jeans and sweater from yesterday. I took off my clothes, put on comfy sweats and t-shirt, and ran downstairs. Damien was in my kitchen, mixing a batter of pancake mix. "Oh, you're awake! I'm making pancakes for breakfast," he said, setting an already made stack of pancakes in front of me. I yawned as I drizzled syrup over the pancakes. It looked so delicious. I took a bite and a new flavour, not your usual normal pancake taste, filled my mouth. It was delicious. "What's your secret?" I asked, my mouth still full. Damien pointed to some bowls and bottles, as if he was on a cooking show. "Vanilla, chocolate sauce, and just a dash of cinnamon. You like it?" I nodded, taking another bite. Damien finished making his own pancakes and sat down next to me. "Did you even go home?" I asked, watching him eat his pancakes. He shook his head. "Nope, I stayed here. I thought since you were sick yesterday that you would need someone to look after you today." I continued to eat, feeling Damien's eyes rake over me as I did. Just then, my cell phone rang. I picked it up, my mouth still full. "Hello?" I asked. Damien smirked at my talking with food in my mouth. "Maddie, baby? It's mom." My eyes got big. "Mom? What are you doing? How is New York?" Mom was doing business in New York which meant I was all by myself at home. Dad left us when I was only 4. "I;m good. I just wanted to let you know that I am coming home tonight for a week. They are letting me take a week off!" I nearly choked on my pancakes. "Oh my god! Really? That's great! I miss you so much, mom!" Mom laughed. "I miss you too, baby! I should be there around 5 in the evening, alright? Bye, Maddie!" I hung up with her and Damien smiled at me. "That was your mom?" I nodded. "Yep! Her job has her travelling a lot so she's hardly around but she's coming tonight and staying for a week!" Damien walked over to me and put his chin on my shoulder. "Does that mean I can't sleep over?" He asked, his voice making me melt. I snapped back to reality . "I-I don't know," I said, hypnotized by his voice. Damien smirked and walked away. "You are too cute, Madison." I was shocked. Cute? Damien called me cute? Did he really mean that? I didn't like Damien. No way. I didn't like him at all. Then why am I so happy he called me cute?

After breakfast, I went back up to my room with Damien. My cell phone rang and I answered it. "Hello?" I answered. "Maddie! Good morning! I just wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping with me! Girl bonding! We hardly hang out anymore." The voice was Danielle. I can tell from it's bubbly and high voice. I looked at Damien. He smirked and slapped my ass. "Damien!" I yelled, hitting him in the chest. Then, I heard a squeal. Shit! I forgot Danielle was on the phone! "Damien Parker? Damien Parker is there?! Why is he there?! Oh my gosh! Did you sleep with him? Tell me everything, Madison!" I scowled at Damien, he faked an innocent smile. I sighed. "Don't worry about it, Danielle. And sure, I'll come shopping with you. But don't take long in the dressing room!" Danielle squealed again. Man, this girl is loud! "Fine, but you have to tell me everything later!" I groaned. "Fine. See you later." I hung up with her and looked at Damien, mad. "What the hell was that for?" I demanded. Damien put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "What are we doing later?" He said, with his seductive voice. I pushed him off and rolled my eyes. "You are going home. I am going to go shopping with Danielle." Damien's eyes lit up. "You know, I think I should go with you guys. Your friend seems to like me a lot. I won't be a bother." I scoffed. "Yeah, right. You are a pain in my ass. You are not going with us." Damien fluttered his eyelashes, flirtily. "Your ass is hot. I don't mind being a pain in it." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, you are not going with us." Damien smiled at me and went to my window and opened it. "I won't go with you, then," he said, before climbing out. Something tells me he has something in mind.....