The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The day passed on slowly and dreadfully, as I watched all the girls, single and not single, flirt with Damien. It disgusted me. Damien shamelessly flirted back which disgusted me even more. I wasn't jealous. It just really disgusted me for some reason.

The day ended, finally, and it was raining with lots of thunder. I was stupid enough to say "gee, today looks nice. I think I will walk to school." Boy, what a mistake I made. I really wish I took my car. As I started walking to my house, I decided to take a short cut through the back alley of a street. I know as a kid you weren't supposed to do that but I really wanted to get out of this weather right away. What were the chances of me getting mugged? As I entered the alley, I saw 3 men. They looked about in their late 20's and were very drunk. I thought it would have been a little too early to get drunk but whatever. I was thinking maybe I should turn back but my feet quickly walked me into the alley and soon, it was too late to turn back. The men saw me and soon started whispering, loudly. One of them wolf whistled as I passed by and another grabbed my waist and pulled me to his chest. The smell of alcohol on his breath. "Hello, sexy. Where you goin'?" He said, slurring and stumbling over his words. I pushed him away, lightly, as I was scared of what they were going to do to me. "Don't touch me," I said, trying not to smell his breath. One of the men grabbed my ass and squeezed it, to the point of where it hurt me. "Come on over to my place. I can show you some fun.... In my bed," he said, laughing hysterically at the end. As I was starting to say something back, one of the men mashed his lips against mine and forced his tongue to enter my mouth. I moaned in pain and tried to push him off but that just made the men laugh harder. Just as I felt my shirt being lifted up my stomach, I heard the rumbling of a car and a door slam. "Get the fuck away from her!" The voice said. I was too afraid to look but the voice sounded familiar. One of the men stepped away from me and walked towards the voice. "What are you gonna do about it.... Bitch!" I heard the sound of a fist connecting with a face and I heard a body thump to the ground. The voice stepped towards me and pulled me away from the 2 other men. "Hurry. Get in the car." I looked at the car. It was a blue convertible, but with the hood up. I took a look at the face of the guy who saved me. It was Damien. I rolled my eyes. Damien seemed to notice and groaned. "Look, there's no time! Just get in the car!" His voice sounded mad and impatient so I didn't argue and went in the passenger's seat. As I got in, Damien leaned over and put my seatbelt on. I rolled my eyes. "I can do it myself, you know?" Damien sighed. "Safety first," he said. He drove away, driving a little too fast, it scared me. Damien looked over at me. "Are you okay? Did they do anything to you?" I shook my head. "No, they didn't hurt me." Damien's face lightened and he breathed a sigh of relief. "What were you doing anyway? Were you stalking me?" I said, accusingly. Damien chuckled a low chuckle but focused his eyes on the road. "No, this is the way I go home. Why were you walking home through the scary alley? Didn't mommy and daddy ever tell you to not talk to strangers?" I rolled my eyes again. "I didn't take my car to school because this morning was really nice so I walked. I wanted to take a short cut so I went through the alley." Damien looked at me, with a serious face plastered on. "Just don't go through that way again, alright?" I glared at him. "Why do you care, anyways?" Damien looked at me, shocked. "I care because I just do! Wouldn't want anyone to get raped. I guess I'm just your ordinary hero." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right." Damien suddenly pulled over in a parking lot. I sat up, instantly. "What are you doing? Why are we stopping?" Damien smirked and got out the car. Before I could get out, he was already opening the door up for me. We were in the parking lot of a fancy, new restaurant. Damien chuckled. "You look hungry." I stomped my feet, immaturely. "No, I'm not. Take me home, now!" My stomach growled. Wow, thanks, stomach. Damien rolled his eyes and led me inside. The host eyed Damien up and down. "Welcome. Dinner for two?" She said, not taking her eyes off Damien. Damien nodded and gave her a charming smile. "Yes, please." The host led us to a series of booths in the back. As we walked to our table, I groaned. "I want to go home," I whined. Damien laughed. "You complain too much, Madison. You need to eat. I promise I will take you home after." We sat down, me on one said and Damien on the other. The host put the menus down in front of us and turned to Damien. "Would you like to try our special today? It's steak with gravy and mushrooms on top with a side of baked potatos and steamed vegetables." Damien looked at me. I sighed and nodded, reluctantly. Damien looked back at the host. "Yes, we will have two of those, please." The host smiled and walked away. I leaned over the table, my soaking wet hair creating droplets on top of the table. "You don't have to do this, you know?" Damien smilled innocently at me. "Oh, but I want to, Madison Dennings. I'm not a full-time pervert after school hours," he said, mimicking my words I said to him at school. This was kind of sweet of him. Unless this was all an act. "Am I going to get water ballooned soon by the popular kids? Is this a joke?" Damien laughed. "No, I'm just being nice. Is it such a crime to bring a girl out to dinner?" I sat back with a huff. "No, I guess not." After a lot of minutes being silent and not talking to each other, our food arrived. I downed it all in 30 minutes or so while Damien took tiny bites and watched me eat like a savage. I glared at him as I chewed my food. "What? Staring is rude." Damien smirked and looked down at his food again. After eating, and Damien flirting with the host again, we went out to the car and found that it wasn't raining anymore. "Where to, miss?" Damien said, putting on a fake chauffeur tone and opening my door for me. "My house. 929 Oceanview Street."

In about 10 minutes, we pulled up to my house. Before I got out, I turned to Damien. "Well, that was nice. Thank you," I said, genuinely. Damien smiled. "No problem. If you ever need a saving, just call me, okay?" He said, which also sounded genuine. I smiled at him and got out, running to the front door. I was home alone since my parents were out of town for the week. I liked it this way. As I got in, I watched Damien's car dissapear into the distance and I ran upstairs to my room. I took off my soaking wet clothes and put on a white tank top and black short-shorts. I picked up the current book I was reading, A Walk to Remember, and curled up in bed, reading quietly. After about an hour of reading, I heard taps at my window. What the hell?