The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 12

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Relax! I'm not finished the book yet! LOL. This book is SO FAR from finished! I would say it's still in the beginning of the story LOL. But I just wanted to say this is another one of those chapters that wasn't supposed to be in the story! But here you go and I think you will REALLY love this chapter! LOL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12:

I stared at him for a couple moments. "Really?" I asked. I didn't know if I should believe him or not. He seemed like a player who could get any girl he wants. Out of all the girls, he chose me? That didn't sound too right. "Yes, really. Madison, I have never felt this way about a girl before. I can change. I will give up everything I have just to be with you. I don't care about any other girl. Except you," he said. I was touched but I felt like we were moving too fast. I leaned in for another kiss, just as he moved in too. His lips lightly pressed against mine. I pulled away, not because it was bad, I just needed to get a point through. "I feel like we are moving too fast. I really like you. I honestly really, really, really like you but I just don't love you. Just yet," I said, giving him a small smile, to reassure him that nothing was wrong. Damien smiled at me and grabbed my hand, stroking the back of it with his thumb. "I will wait. I promise," he said, with a serious tone to his voice. I blushed at the same time he leaned in for another kiss. I smiled into the kiss and put my arms around his neck. I pulled away, leaving a breathless Damien looking confused. "You've had enough kisses for one day, Mister," I said, a playful smile on my face. Damien stuck out his bottom lip, jokingly. "You are such a tease," he said. I shrugged, a smile spreading wider on my lips. Suddenly, I realized something. Damien never really asked me to be his girlfriend! He said he loved me but I needed to know if our relationship was official. "If someone asks you what I am to you, what would you say?" I asked, out of the blue. Damien rose an eyebrow. He looked so cute when he was confused! Then, a smile appeared on his face. "I would call you my girlfriend!" He said, leaning in to kiss me again. I pulled away again, a devious smile on my face. "First of all, were you not listening when I said that was enough kisses for today? And second of all, who said I was your girlfriend?" I said, teasingly. Damien got off the bed and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the door. "Where are you taking me?" I asked, as he took me downstairs. Damien kept silent and brought me to what I assumed was the living room. His parents were there, his dad reading a newspaper and his mom writing quietly on her desk. Damien cleared his throat and his parents stopped what they were doing and looked at us. "What's the matter, son?" His father asked, a little confused. Damien got down on one knee in front of me and took my hand. "Madison Dennings, will you be my girlfriend?" He said, a sweet and innocent smile on his face. I blushed. Did he really do all that just to ask me out? I nodded. "Of course," I said, not hesitating. Damien's smile widened as he pulled me into one of those cheesy, romantic hugs where you lift the girl off the ground and spin her around. His parents came over to us, his dad patting Damien on the back and his mom pulling me into a hug. "I am so glad he asked you out! Now we don't have to hear anymore whining from him about how to ask you out!" Damien blushed and laughed nervously. "You will be such a good girlfriend to him. He's lucky to have met you," his mom continued, making me blush. I smiled. "Likewise," I said, turning to smile at Damien. He smiled back at me and put his hand on my back. "Come on, let's go take you home." I hugged Mr. and Mrs. Parker and went out to the car. The ride home was pretty uneventful. Damien walked me up to my house and turned to me at the front door. It seemed like we just gone on one of those typical, high school dates."Do I get a goodbye kiss? Or was that really the last of our kisses today?" He said, looking almost hopeful. I laughed and nodded. "I think you deserve a goodbye kiss, BOYFRIEND." I leaned in to kiss him. I expected a small peck but my hands couldn't control themselves. I soon found my hands around his neck, pulling him closer. Suddenly, the door opened. We were too engaged in our kiss to pull away. I heard my mom laugh. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" She said, smiling like an idiot. I blushed and Damien laughed nervously. "I was just here to drop her off, Ma'am," he said, sounding scared. Mom laughed and pulled Damien into a hug. "Don't be scared! I am happy for you guys! You are a sweet boy, Damien." I sighed in relief. I didn't think my mom would reject our relationship. I just thought she was going to go all crazy on us basically making out on her porch. Damien gave her a smile and kissed me on the cheek, before driving off. Mom put her arm around me and laughed. "Oh, young love is just great, isn't it?" I laughed. "Sure is." I went up to my room and closed the door, before pulling out my phone and dialing up Danielle.

"Hello? Maddie? What's up?"

"Damien asked me to be his girlfriend!"

"Shut up! Seriously?!"

"Seriously!"

"Oh my gosh! Maddie's first boyfriend is the hottest guy in school!"

"Yup! I will tell you more about it tomorrow. Bye!"

I hung up and changed into basketball shorts and a tank top. I was thinking of all the things that happened today. It was unreal. I got chills thinking about it. Good chills. I turned on my TV and watched my shows, the thoughts of today never leaving my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AWW SO THEY ARE OFFICIAL! Was that a sweet way to ask her out or what? If I got asked out like that, I would be speechless LOL. It took me exactly 30 minutes to write this chapter since I was copying from my phone and changing a few words here and there LOL.