The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 15

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm back with another chapter! This one might not have as much Damien. This chapter focuses more on Stacey! Enjoy!! This also might be my last chapter for today LOL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15:

"Stacey? Are you okay? It's me.... Madison," I said, struggling to find the right words to say. "What do you want?" Stacey said, hyperventilating. "I heard you crying. I wanted to make sure you were okay," I said. Stacey continued to cry. I sighed and opened the door to see a very distressed looking Stacey, crawled up on the floor, crying her eyes out. Her beautiful blond hair was now a mess and her makeup smudged. "What's wrong?" I asked, leaning down beside her on the floor. Stacey shook her head. "You wouldn't understand. You're just a kid!" She wailed. I couldn't help but feel a little bit offended. I reached my hand out, hesitating, before putting my arm on her shoulder. Stacey flinched at my touching her shoulder but she calmed down. It was silent for a minute, the only sounds was of her sniffling and hyperventilating. Suddenly, she spoke. "I was at a party for a friend's birthday with my boyfriend Richard. Everything seemed to be okay until..." She trailed off, crying harder than before at the end. My hand tensed. "Until?" I said, trying to coax an answer from her. She looked at me, her eyes extremely red and her mascara smudged and all over the place. "He pushed me in a closet and.... Raped me and then left me," she said, crying harder at the end. I was speechless. I didn't know what to do. I didn't even know Stacey much. I sat there in silence for a bit until Stacey broke it herself. "Madison.... I'm pregnant," she said. My mouth hung open. She cried harder. I finally pulled her into a hug. She didn't hug back but she didn't need to. Stacey stopped crying, now she was only sniffing. "I don't know how to do it. This happened a month ago. I just turned 20. I don't know how to raise a baby! Especially by myself!" I sighed. "Why don't you move back here? All of your family is here. They can help you," I said. I didn't know what to say except that. Stacey shrugged, sniffling. "I don't know. I love New York and school." I bit my lip. "How about you stay and go to school here? Stacey, that baby needs a stable home. It needs a family. Sure, you might be family but you'll be supported by many other people here," I said, hoping I said the right thing. Stacey smiled, slightly, at me. "Thanks Madison. I am sorry that I was kind of mean to you today. I just didn't want to see another girl get hurt by Damien. I can tell he really loves you though," she said, seriously. I smiled at her. "You're welcome and it's okay." We sat in silence for a bit. Suddenly, Stacey turned to me. "Since, I don't really have anyone that woud support me on this pregnancy thing at the moment, can you come with me to doctor's appointments and stuff? I would really appreciate it," she said. Her eyes pleaded with me to say yes. How could I say no to that? I nodded. "Yes, I would be honored." Stacey smiled and got up. "Well, thank you for all your help. I think I am going to bed now," she said. I stood up too, realizing how tired I was. "Don't mention it. I'm here for you," I said, turning to walk out of the room. Before I could leave, Stacey hugged me. It was kind of an uncomfortable hug, since we didn't really know each other that well. I walked back to my room, a smile on my face.