The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 8

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I think this is going to be my last chapter for today! I don't know... Maybe one more chapter after this and I am going to bed LOL. It's 12:30 AM if you are wondering XD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8:

Danielle dropped me off after. As I came through the door, I smelled steak. My favourite. Wait, why am I smelling steak? "Maddie!" I looked as I saw a woman appear in the hallway, coming out of the kitchen. My mom. "Mom! You're back! Oh my gosh!" I ran up to hug her tightly and breathe in her scent. She smelled of perfume. "I missed you so much! I worried about you every single day! How are you?" She said, stepping back to look at me. I smiled. "I missed you a lot, mom! I'm good. I've been holding the fort down for you. Keeping things tidy." She smiled at me and gave me another hug. "My, my, my. My baby is growing up so fast." I had to hold in the urge to cry. Tears of happiness. "Gee, mom. I'll still be your little girl," I said, squeezing her shoulder affectionately. Mom wiped a tear away from her cheek. "Oh, I am making steak. Your favourite. We can catch up over dinner." I was still full from the food court but I didn't want to be rude so I nodded.

When the steak was made, mom said it down on the table. "So, tell me everything. How is school? Do you still hang out with Danielle?" I nodded, taking a bite out of my steak. "School's good. I'm on the honour roll. I still hang out with Danielle. In fact, I just came home from shopping with her." Mom smiled. "That's good. Did you make any friends?" She asked, sounding hopeful. Mom knew how I hardly made friends so I simply stopped trying to make them. My mind instantly went to Damien. I was going to tell her about Damien, just to make her happy. "Yes... A boy. He's new. He started on Thursday. His name is Damien. He's a total flirt but he's nice, kind of." Mom's eyes lit up. "Ooh, a boy? A boyFRIEND, perhaps?" I laughed, slightly. There was no way I was going to tell her about our secret kisses and how he nearly spent every night in my bed. "Nope, just a friend." Mom continued to blabber on about Damien. "Do you have his number? Why don't you invite him over? I have to meet him!" I sighed. "I don't think he wants to, mom." Mom pouted. "Please, Maddie? I want to meet this guy of yours!" I bit my lip. After a few minutes, I took my phone out and dialed a number I never thought I would call. "Hello?" Damien said, his voice sending bolts of excitement through my body. "Um... Damien? This is Madison," I said, hesitating. Real smooth, Madison. "Madison? What's wrong?" Damien asked, his voice sounding concerned. "Well, uh, my mom is home. She kind of wants to meet you... So, do you want to come over.... Like, now?" Mom smiled with each word I said. "Uh... Sure! I'll be there in about 10 minutes." I hung up with him and looked at mom. "Are you satisfied?" I said, jokingly. Mom laughed. "Ecstatic!"

It felt like I was going to die any moment. Thoes 10 minutes, I rocked back and forth in my seat. Mom laughed at me. "My god, Madison. You're acting as if thiss boy is more than just a friend. Why are you so nervous?" I sighed. "I'm not nervous," I said, keeping my eyes locked on the door. Just then, the doorbell rang. My heart stopped, as if it was frozen. Mom excitedly went to answer the door. I heard the door open. "Hello, you must be Mrs. Dennings?" I heard Damien's voice ask. Mom laughed. "Miss Dennings. You must be Damien. Please, make yourself at home." I almost laughed as I heard that. He's already made himself at home so many times, mom. I swear it felt like my heart was hanging on a thin wire, about to give away any second as Damien walked into the living room and sat down beside me on the couch. "Hello, Madison," he said, with a big smile. I waved to him and a hint of a smirk appeared at the corner of his lips. Mom came and sat down in front of us on the opposite couch. I had a feeling this was not going to be great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Looks like this is going to be it for today! I am EXTREMELY tired! I promise you, you will LOVE next chapter! :) Anyways, goodnight... Or good morning wherever you are LOL.