The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

The morning periods were really boring. So fricken boring. I shuddered at the image of Damien flirting with all the slutty girls. Damien just smiled a smug smile at me and continued to flirt with them. At lunch, however, I felt really dizzy. I couldn't stand up without almost falling on my butt. As I stood up to get my food, I bumped into Damien. Damien caught me by my waist and smiled. "You don't have to literally fall for me," he said, with a smug smile. I groaned and took my head in my hands. "It's not the time to be an ass!" Damien took my hands and looked into my face, his eyes full of genuine concern. "Are you alright?" He said, looking into my eyes, as if he was searching for an answer. I pulled my hands away, bringing them back to my forehead. "Does it freaking look like I'm alright?!" I said, grumpy from the pounding headache I suddenly had. Just then, I felt myself being lifted and found out myself being carried out of the cafeteria, bridal style into the hallway. I kicked my feet, childishly. "Put me down! Put me down now!" Damien laughed and I could feel it in his chest. "No way, you are going home, missy." I huffed in frustration as he carried me to the office and set me down in one of the chairs. Mrs. Grant, the secretary, looked at us in confusion. Probably wondering why he was carrying me. "Oh my, is she alright?" She asked, standing him from her cubicle to look at me. Damien shook his head. "I don't think she is, ma'am. May I take her home?" He asked. I gaped at him. Did he really think she was going to let him? Mrs. Grant nodded. "Yes, Damien. You can take her home. Feel better, Miss Dennings!" Damien smiled at her and picked me up again, carrying me out the door. "What about my car?" I asked, as he put me in his car. Damien got in the front seat and put the car to life. "I'll drop it off at your house later. I promise. For now, I'm going to look after you." I smiled a little from what he said. It was really sweet.... For a jerk. "Why are you so nice to me?" I asked, turning in my seat to face him. Damien laughed. "Am I not allowed to be nice?" I sat back in my seat again. "Just wondering." Then, he pulled up in a MacDonald's drive thru. He rolled down and his window and began to take his order. "Hello, may I get large fries, a big mac, and a coke, please?" Then, he looked at me. "And I would like large fries, a double cheeseburger, and coke too!" I yelled. After getting our food, we drove to my house. Damien picked me up again and carried me to the house. Once we got inside, I ran up to my room, with Damien tagging along behind me. I lied down in my bed, munching on the fries. "Can you turn on my dock?" I asked, gesturing towards my ipod dock. As he turned it on, Broken by Seether and Amy Lee started playing. His eyes got wide. "Wow, I love this song!" He said, turning the volume up a bit. I scrunched my eyebrows at him. "Really? I assumed you were like all the other popular kids at our school. Only listens to Hip Hop and Rap." Damien shook his head and sat on the bed, careful not to shake it too much because of my head. "How are you feeling now?" He asked, putting his hand on my forehead. The warmth of his hand sent tingles throughout my body. "I'm feeling a bit better." Damien smiled and began to search through my room again, like what he did last night. He went to my CD stand and his eyes got big. "You listen to The Spill Canvas? Acceptance? Green Day? Flyleaf? I love all of those bands!" I laughed softly, my head throbbing. "Yeah. They are really great." Damien went back on my bed again and took my empty bag of MacDonald's and threw it in the garbage. He slowly got under the covers with me and put my head on his shoulder. "I'm not tired,' I said, breathing in his sweet smell. Damien chuckled softly. "That's what you said last night." I opened my eyes and looked up to see him closing his eyes as well. "Is this going to be a daily routine?" I asked. Damien laughed again. "I don't know. We'll have to wait and see." Then, we slowly drifted off to sleep, in each other's arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AWW that was sweet XD. BTW, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO BROKEN BY SEETHER! Or the version by Seether AND Amy Lee from Evanescence! It's my favourite song x) LOL