The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

"Are you serious? Like, it's official? You took a test?" Damien said. He kept calm but he sounded like a ticking time bomb about to explode any minute now. Stacey nodded. "I took a test. It's official. I've also been throwing up a lot." Damien stood in the darkness, silent for a bit. Then, he enveloped Stacey into a hug. Stacey started crying again into Damien's chest. "I'm so sorry, Stacey. I'm here for you. Did you tell anyone else?" He asked, rocking her back and forth lightly. Stacey shook her head. "Just you and Madison." Damien gave me a weird face, probably wondering why she told me first when it seemed like she hated me. Damien breathed in and out slowly, as if trying to calm himself down. I rushed over and rubbed his back. "Shh, it will be okay. Just please, calm down," I said. Damien nodded. "I'm calm. Stacey, what are you going to do?" Stacey shrugged. "I don't know. I was thinking after Madison left after talking to me last night that maybe I should just go to school here. All of my family is here and I need help with this baby." Damien smiled. "That's nice. You should do that. Why were you afraid to tell me though?" Damien said, kind of hurt. Stacey smiled awkwardly. "I'm sorry. I just thought you would be really mad." Damien laughed. "Oh, I am so mad. Pissed off. I'm just trying to calm down." Stacey laughed. "I want baby girl," she said, rubbing her stomach lightly. Damien rolled his eyes. "No way. A boy is more like it," he said, smirking. Stacey rolled her eyes. "And who's baby is it?" She said, narrowing her eyes at Damien. I laughed. "Sorry Damien, I have to agree on a girl," I said, giving him a small smile. Damien pouted. "Boo you, Stacey. You converted my girlfriend into going against me," he said, jokingly. Stacey put her hands up to surrender. "Hey, I'm not in this! But how about we think of some baby names?" Damien rolled his eyes. "Oh, that is easy! Damien!" He said, smiling widely. Stacey rolled her eyes. "In your dreams. I was thinking more of Jonathan and Lily. How about you, Madison?" I shrugged. "I don't know. It's your baby. Although Madison would make for a good name," I said, laughing. Damien laughed. "No way. Our babies are going to be named Madison and Damien." Me and Stacey stared at him. Did he really just implied that we were going to have kids together? I laughed. "Who said I was going to have babies with you?" I said, sarcastically. Damien shrugged. "Doesn't everyone? I mean just look at my pretty face. Everyone wants their kids to look like this," he said, smiling smugly. Stacey rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I just want this baby to come out looking nice and not the spitting image of Damien," she joked. We all laughed, talking more about babies. I still couldn't get over the fact that Damien implied he wanted to have babies with me though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know! Short chapter LOL. And might be a bit boring LOL. But I guess this is a filler chapter? The big stuff will come soon don't worry!