The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 14

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Heey! I'm back again today with a new chapter AND I made a playlist of potential songs that could be on the "soundtrack" LOOOL. Whatever, I'm lame LOL. So here's the link to the playlist of songs on The Shark and the Goldfish Official Soundtrack: http://www.playlist.com/playlist/21752504075 

****NOTE**** Not all the songs are featured in the book! Some of them are but some of them I just put in cause I needed more songs LOOOL And cause I felt they fit the essence of the book LOOOL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14:

The rest of the week went by fast. I was still being tortured by the girls at school but now I didn't really give a shit. Damien took me out to dinner here and there and was still the sweetest guy ever. After school on Friday, Damien told me it was his mom's birthday. So I guess he was telling the truth when he told Danielle. We went to his extraordinary mansion, which didn't fail to amaze me everytime I went there. "Mom? Dad? Me and Madison are here!" He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. Mrs. Parker came running out the living room, arms already out to give us a hug. This woman was a hugger, alright. "Hello, honey! Hi, Madison! I see you guys are still strong as ever!" She said, hugging me. Damien smiled and gave his mom another hug. "Happy Birthday, mom! I love you," he said. His mom beamed at him. "Thank you, honey! I love you!" I smiled at her too. "Happy Birthday, Mrs. Parker!" I said, smiling politely at her. Mrs. Parker gave me another hug. Oh my gosh, this family was full of love. I found that sweet and endearing. "Thank you, Madison! I love you too. You are one of the closest things I have to a daughter," she said, smiling. I smiled widely at her. I was pleased by that. Damien looked around. "Where's dad?" He asked. Mrs. Parker frowned. "Work. I was supposed to go too but your dad insisted I stay on account of my birthday. The work sounded urgent. He's coming back tonight though and he is taking me out to dinner." I smiled. Damien pulled me upstairs. "Come on Maddie, let's go to my room," he said, as we walked up the stairs. Mrs. Parker smiled. "Be safe!" She said, as if us going into his room was completely normal. Damien rolled his eyes. We got into his room and right when we got in, Damien tackled me on the bed. I was underneath him, with Damien supporting himself with his hands on either side of my head. I smiled, teasingly. "Damien, your mom said to be safe," I said, jokingly. Damien laughed. "Relax. We're not going to do anything. Although I do like this position," he said, smugly. I scoffed. He was still flirty, alright. Damien brought his lips to mine and kissed me hungrily. He pulled away, with a satisfied look on his face. "Whoa, easy there," I said, smiling. Damien smirked and got off me, sitting on the bed next to me. "You're cute, Maddie," he said, finally, after a moment's silence. I laughed. "You say that everytime," I said, nudging his shoulder, blushing. Damien shrugged. "I like to remind you everyday." I made an "aww" face kissed him on the cheek. I pulled away and felt my lips. "Did you start shaving?" I said, laughing. Damien blushed and nodded. "Yeah. I don't want a beard," he said, rubbing the fine hairs on his chin. "Awww, my little boy is growing up. How cute!" I said, poking his arm. Damien tackled me again, in the same position we were in a while ago. I sighed, jokingly. "Gosh, if you are that horny, go pleasure yourself already!" I said, making him blush. His blush disappeared and a smirk was on his face. "You're one to talk, Princess," he said, getting off me. Suddenly, his mom came through the door. "Honey, I just got off the phone with Stacey. Cousin Stacey. She said she wanted to talk come here sooner so she took the plane here! She's coming over in an hour or so," she said, holding a cordless phone in her hand. Damien's eyes got big. "Really?" Mrs. Parker nodded and left the room. Damien had a disappointed face on. "What's wrong?" I asked, staring at his expression. "Stacey isn't really the one to be welcoming," he said, a nervous laugh escaping his lips. "She's kind of mean to any girl I show her. She's very protective of me. And seeing at my history of girls I have brought to show her, she has the impression that every girl I hang with is a slut." I bit my lip. Stacey might think I'm a slut! I need to show her I am different than the other girls Damien has been with.

And hour passes and I find myself getting nervous. My leg shakes. Damien pats my leg. "Don't be nervous, Maddie. If she doesn't like you, don't worry. She doesn't like anyone, really. She's the grinch," he said, with a smirk. Suddenly, the door gets a knock. Damien gets up to answer it. "Ah, Stacey! Welcome home!" I hear Damien say. "Hello, Damien! You staying out of trouble?" I heard a girl say. She sounded very professional. She had a hard tone to her voice. Stacey came into the living room, Damien at her side. She looked at me, up and down. Then, she looked at Damien. "And who is this, Damien?" She asked, sounding as though there is more meaning to the question. Damien sits beside me, his arm around my waist. "This is my girlfriend, Madison Dennings. Madison, this is my cousin Stacey, as you may already have known." I smile at her and shake her hand. Her hand is cold and she squeezes my hand tightly as I shake it. "Nice to finally meet you, Stacey," I said, smiling politely at her. Stacey's expression never changes as she stares at me. "Likewise," she said, her voice still cold. Damien pulls me away and gives a look of warning at Stacey. Stacey doesn't seem like the girl in the picture. I mean, they looked the same but the girl in the picture looked like she was a happy, bubbly, and fun loving girl. This Stacey looked like she was mean, heartless, and a no-nonsense type of girl. Mrs. Parker came in the living room and hugged Stacey. "Stacey! How are you? We've missed you so much! How was New York?" She said, smiling at Stacey. Stacey continued staring at me. "It was nice. I plan to permanently move there." I look down in embarrassment. Damien hugs me tighter. Mrs. Parker smiles as if nothing was wrong. "Okay, well, Stacey you can stay in the guestroom. I will help you unpack in a bit. I just have to do something." Mrs. Parker leaves the room and Stacey looks down at Damien and me, her expression turned to anger. "I'm not kidding, Damien. Are you staying out of trouble? Are you still sleeping with the girls and then the next day you are leaving them? If you are, I will wring your neck!" She said, crossing her arms. For her very beautiful face, she scared me very much. Damien glared at her. "I changed, Stacey," he said, angrily.

The night and dinner passed quickly and soon, it was night time. My mom went back to work and I didn't want to be alone all the time at my house so Mrs. Parker let me stay at their house. It was about one in the morning when I had to use the washroom. After doing my business, I walked past the guestroom that Stacey was staying in and I heard her crying. They were wailing and mournful cries. Crying that can lead to hyperventilating. I stopped by the door, listening quietly. I sighed and knocked on the door, hoping that this was the right thing to do.