Chapter 73: Ryota Kaedehara wants to protect

Magsimula sa umpisa

Shinomiya-san tried to contact her but I told Ai-chan to never pick up her phone, there could be wiretaps planted around the area.

Kaguya: I'm thinking, it seems the Kaedehara Family would be more than a family of spies.

Ryota: Please, don't drag my clan's honor to that.

Kaguya: But, I'm really glad that Hayasaka was able to find a second family.

Kaguya: I mean, even though I only saw a glimpse of it......

Kaguya: I knew from the very beginning that the Kaedeharas are good people.

Nao: Fufu.

Kaguya: You know, if I somehow ended up falling in love with Kaedehara-kun, maybe Hayasaka will face two obstacles.

Nao: Ah, haha.

Kaguya: But I knew that Kaedehara-kun is still going through something else.

Kaguya: I fell in love, in the wrong time, I suppose.

Ryota: No need to think about that thing in the past, Shinomiya-san.

Ryota: Wait, we're actually searching answers from the past.

Ryota: What I mean is, your past with Ai-chan.

Ryota: So, since you two have been together for a decade, do you have any fond memories with her?

Ryota: From your childhood until now?

Kaguya: Ah, that's right.......I remembered........

Kaguya: On the 6th anniversary of my mother's death, I overheard some kids from my class, saying that I'm an illegitimate child.

Ryota: *sigh*

Ryota: Kids, huh.

Ryota: And let me guess, since your mother's gone, your place in the family is now uncertain.

Ryota: That secret remained to those who you thought as best friends, but.....that secret got out and they even made versions of their own story, leading them to slander you and your mother.

Kaguya: As expected, your deduction skills are as sharp as ever, Kaedehara-kun. No wonder why you and the Prez can plan some grand schemes.

Kaguya: From there, Hayasaka told me that I should only befriend those who I really trust. I was really hurt and angry back then.

Kaguya: She was there by my side to console me. So, that place is really special to me.

We went there......and she's not there.

Kaguya: .........

Ryota: Not here, I guess.

Kaguya: Nope.

Nao: To be fair, from her perspective she was forced to listened to a never-ending stream of complaints. Not exactly what I'd call memorable for her.