Chapter 139: Shintaro

Start from the beginning

Jay: (Sighs) This will take forever to clean up.

Kai: (Bursts through the Monastery's doors) Does anybody know where in Ninjago Cole and Styx are?!

Nya: Aren't they helping you with the firewood?

Kai: I've been using the axe for the last 20 minutes. And my arms feel like they're going to fall off. Where's Cole?!

Nya: Maybe in the Monastery?

Jay: Or you can help us with the leav-

Kai: Cole you are so done when I find you! (Runs into the Monastery) 

Jay: (Sighs) Forever! (Watches as leaves fly in a circle) Unless...

Nya: No! Don't get any ideas.

Jay: What? We could be done instantly!

Nya: If Master Wu sees you using Spinjitzu to take shortcuts like raking leaves, he's gonna be furious!

Jay: Oh, he won't know. He's been locked in with his scrolls all day.

Nya: Please don't.

Jay: (He does Spinjitzu anyway and gathers all the leaves.) Yeah! Woo-hoo! Nice! Haha! (He and Nya gasp when Master Wu suddenly emerges from the giant pile.) Aah! Ahem, um, Master Wu. Sorry! Uh. I got all hopped up on dreams of efficiency and it... (Master Wu walks away without a word.) Uh, what?

Nya: Huh. That was weird. Master Wu just totally passed up an opportunity to lecture you on something.

Jay: Yeah, he didn't even notice.

(The Postman climbs up the steps to the Monastery, grunting.)

P.I.X.A.L.: Good morning.

Postman: Good morning.

(In the living room, Crystal and Lloyd are still trying to convince Cole and Styx to get off the video game)

Crystal: This is ridiculous, you just played Prime Empire in augmented reality. And now you want to play it the usual way? 

Cole: Uh.....yes! 

Styx: Wahoo! Beat the Sushi Guy! Take that fish-fangs! (He high fives Cole)

Lloyd: (Sighs while looking at the clock) It's been five minutes. You both better get off before-

Kai: (Opens the doors dramatically) There you are Cole! 

Cole: Huh?

Kai: (Swipes the controller from Cole's hands) 

Cole: Hey! What was that for?!

Kai: (Unplugs the TV)

Styx; (Throws his controller away) We were just about to open Unagami's secret lair! I wanted to know what the ultimate boss was! 

Kai: Uh-huh, cool. (Drags Cole by the arm towards the doors) Come on Cole, you've got a lot of firewood to chop. 

Cole: (Groans) Do I have to?

Kai: Yes!

(Crystal waves at Cole and Styx who groan while she smiles knowingly. Kai drags the two out the doors leaving Lloyd's chuckles to fill the room)

Crystal: Now since that's over with. (Brushes her hands) What's next on the list?

Lloyd: Uh....(Looks at the laundry basket in his hands) Laundry.