16 | 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴

Start from the beginning

"Don't you two know it's rude to shout at a funeral?"

"Well it's not my fault she's moving out the country and is just now telling me about it!"

Kurapika stopped for a moment and turned his head to look at me.

"What? Is that true, Y/N? Are you leaving?" Worry and anger written on his face.

I nod, too scared to actually face him. "My father and siblings says it's too dangerous here so they're taking me somewhere that's safe."

I didn't agree but I also didn't disagree. It was definitely dangerous here, but its dangerous everywhere and my friends are here.

"Hey! It's time for the funeral to start." Some random guy shouted at us.

We hurried In and sat down next to each other, my father and siblings behind us.

"We are here today to mourn the life's of two very young teenagers. Gon Freecss and Leorio Paladiknight. They lived a very happy but short life, hanging out with friends, helping others, and already pursuing the career they've wanted for as long as they could remember. There will be justice for Gon Freecss and Leorio Paladknight, but today we will come together for a moment of silence."

I try my best to hold in tears as I fumble with the rings on my fingers. My knee suddenly started bouncing and my hands continued to tremble. A hand placed itself on my knee to calm me down. Without thinking, I hold the hand in mines and calm down.

I look over to my blonde best friend and lay my head on his shoulder.

"It's okay to cry." He whispers as Leorio's father announces the moment of silence is over.

I nod and wipe away some stray tears.

After an hour of two of mourning the death of my two friends, my father grabs my wrist and breaks me apart from Neon and Kurapika.

"Hey! You can't just take her like that!" Neon shouts as she pulls out her phone to call her father.

"Don't even try, your father and I work together and he knows about this." He pulls me away from the two.

"Father, please! Let me stay for just a little bit!" I struggle as I try to get back to them.

"Stop struggling and obey my rules. We are leaving and that's final. You can't trust anyone here." With one last tug from her wrist, he lost it. He was annoyed and slapped me out of rage.

My sister and brother sat in silence, my sister grabbed my hand gently and ran off to the car with me, my brother following in silence, leaving my father alone with Kurapika and Neon.

I watched as the two stood here with shocked faces. If looks could kill, Kurapika would've killed my father right now.

Neon's phone stopped ringing and her father picked up. I couldn't hear exactly what she was saying because I was already in the car, but she was shouting. She walked off to have a more private talk with her father, leaving my father and Kurapika alone.

Kurapika walked closer to my father and said something, but I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but I knew he was angry. My father turns around with a pissed-off face and walks over to the car door, opening it and slamming it shut. Turning the car on, he lights a cigarette and drives off.

"I knew I was right, you can't trust anyone. Whoever that little boy was you were fooling around with is dangerous. He threatened me and his voice was laced with poison." He snarls as he inhaled the smoke.

"Who wouldn't threaten someone after they just saw a girl get hit by her father?"

"Did anyone help you when the same thing happened to you?" My sister shuts her mouth and looks off.

The rest of the car ride was in silence, except for the millions of buzzing noises that was coming from my phone. That my father took and kept on the dashboard of course.

Please, someone come and save me.

⁺✧𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺
𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵⁺✧