Chapter 41 - To have a wedding you have to plan a wedding!

Sally and Paul had arranged to pick up Percy and Annabeth after they had finished with their doctor's appointment in the hospital. It was just a regular check up to make sure their baby was okay and they left with the good news that everything was completely normal.

She sent a message on their family group chat to let Percy and Annabeth know they were a few minutes away. The couple replied with a thumbs up each, and the young couple were already outside waiting when Paul and Sally arrived.

They slid into the back and Annabeth immediately curled up into Percy not bothering to sit in her own seat.

Sally looked at them through the rear-view mirror, "You two okay?"

Percy nodded and Annabeth gave her a small smile with a thumbs up. Sally didn't entirely believe them, but she knew that they would come to her if they had a big problem, so she trusted them to sort it out.

"Okay, well it's pretty late so when we get back just go straight to bed, yeah?" Sally said, and watched as the couple nodded once again.

She and Paul exchanged a look, and both agreed to check in on them again in the morning. They got back to their house a few minutes later and the younger of the two couples immediately disappeared up to bed.

~~~~

The next day at breakfast, Percy and Annabeth didn't appear until Sally and Paul were washing up. It was clear they had had a late night, and the older couple pretended they hadn't heard the quiet footsteps as the two walked around late into the night.

They walked into the middle of a conversation about how they were preparing for the baby to come, since she was due in just over a month.

Percy thunked into a chair on the table and set his head on his hands as he listened to them planning boring things like what they were bringing. Eventually he just burst out, "We're sticking with the name 'Estelle', right?"

Sally turned to him amused, "Of course, you chose it, and Paul and I both love it,"

Percy sighed in relief, smiling to himself. Annabeth smiled and rolled her eyes, nudging him with her knee.

Sally looked between them, her eyes narrowing. "What do you two have planned?"

Percy let an innocent expression slide over his face, "What do you mean, Mom?"

Sally raised her eyebrows, "Percy, you can't look innocent to save your life, why do you think you got expelled from so many schools?"

Annabeth choked back a laugh as Percy's expression grew indignant, "Mom! I take full offence!"

Sally smirked as Annabeth patted Percy on the head, still chuckling. "I can make those comments cause I found the schools that accepted you again,"

Percy rolled his eyes, but settled back into his seat with a huff. "Fine, I'll work on it in the mirror later,"

The table chuckled but eventually fell silent. Paul looked thoughtful for a moment, then spoke up, "Weren't you two planning to have your wedding after Estelle was born?"

Percy and Annabeth - who honestly hadn't thought much about their wedding having forgotten how long it takes to have a baby - sat back in their chairs and shared a look.

"Yeah, that was the plan," Annabeth said. "Maybe like a month or two after though, since I doubt it would be helpful for anyone to have a newborn at a wedding,"

Paul and Sally shared a look, then looked at the engaged couple. "You guys know her due date is in two and a half months, right?"

Percy nodded, "Yeah, what about it?"