Chapter 9 - So Percy has a nightmare and decided to attack his friend...

Percy's eyes were closed, but something was wrong. He could hear Annabeth's breathing, he could feel her next to him. But it was too hot. And it was humid. And the air felt heavy and suffocating in his throat, as if it were the air in Tar - The air. In Tartarus. Schist.

His eyes snapped open, and his head went into overdrive as he took in his surroundings. It was Tartarus. Again. His breathing increased, but he forced himself to calm down.

"Percy? Percy, where are you?" He heard Annabeth call.

Percy turned to her, "Annabeth! Annabeth, I'm right here!"

"Percy?" Her voice sounded even more terrified, "Percy, where are you? I can't see you! Percy?"

His eyes widened in realisation, arai. He heard something swoop down behind him and ducked just as one swooped over his head. They cackled tauntingly as he tried to slash them with Riptide.

"Percy?" Annabeth cried again.

"Hold on! I'm coming!" He shouted back, finally managing to kill an arai. He screamed in pain as a curse fell upon him. 

Percy wasn't always able to remember the people who cursed him, but the most painful ones always had a name and face to go with the pain. Not the one he just felt, however, and it was burning under his skin.

Surely, he thought, Surely, I would remember who cursed me with this one. It hurts, it hurts so much

The pain clouded his vision, his head throbbing. He could tell he was bleeding, bleeding too much for it to be normal. He could sense it leaving his body and he shuddered. Why can't I see correctly? Where's Annabeth? Why can't I hear her?

Where is Annabeth? Annabeth?

Is ... she gone?

Is Annabeth gone? 

"Percy?"

Annabeth!

"Percy!"

She sounds different.

"Percy, Wake up!

He was being shaken. The pain was fading away.

"Percy!"

"Annabeth?" He opened his eyes slowly and saw his girlfriends eyes. He looked around checking his surroundings to see where he was. He sighed in relief, Not Tartarus

"Oh, Percy!" Annabeth cried in relief as she saw his eyes open. "Oh, thank Gods,"

 He was panicking slightly, still half in Morpheus's realm and not quite awake. "Hey, it's alright Seaweed Brain, shh, calm down. I've got you, it's okay," His breathing slowed and his grip on Annabeth relaxed. She leaned back from him to look into his eyes, "Hey, Perce."

"Hey, Annie," He croaked out, throat sore. She passed him a cup of water and he took a few sips from it before speaking again. "Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, you screamed. It wasn't too loud, thankfully, so your parents are still asleep," She pressed a kiss to his temple. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, softly.

"In a second," Percy replied in a whisper, "Can we go outside?"

"Yeah, of course. Lets wrap a blanket around us, it's cold outside," They stood up, Percy standing still as she wrapped them both in the blanket that was at the bottom of their bed. 

They shuffled to the door, and Annabeth twisted the lock then opened the door for the two of them. It was still dark outside, and they could see a few stars, even though they were in the city.