Chapter 35- Camp knows about the proposal! and Hunter vs Camper Capture the Flag

The next morning, the newly engaged couple were unfortunately not woken up by birds chirping prettily, but instead by all of their friends bursting into the cabin, shouting. "Percy? Percy? Did you do it? Did you ask her?" The question bombarded them from all directions.

As Percy and Annabeth looked at their friends sleepily from the bed, they thanked every god they knew that they had decided to put clothes on before they fell asleep.

Percy rubbed his eyes and sat up, as their friends looked on in anticipation. Annabeth remained under the covers but stuck her left hand up in the air, the ring glittering on it beautifully in the morning light.

As soon as they saw it , their friends were started celebrating. They were jumping up and down, hugging each other and shouting as loud as they could. Leo was  singing 'Love is in the air', and Jason pulled Percy from the bed to crush him in a hug, the same with Annabeth and Piper and Hazel.

While there had previously been no tradition for couples who got engaged at camp, one was quickly introduced. (Was this in preparation for the inevitable Percabeth proposal? 100% yes) The week before it had been decided that first, the newly engaged couple would be paraded around camp on the shoulders of their friends.

While this was happening, the Aphrodite cabin was in charge of releasing doves into the air every ten feet, and rose petals every twenty. The cabins of the campers were then charged with designing crowns for the engaged people to wear, or a cabin would offer in place of the cabin they were a part of.

Percy and Annabeth, following the new rules of the tradition, were quickly hoisted up onto their friends shoulders, disbelief laughs being pulled as they were immediately paraded around camp in their pyjamas.

Though their friends had busted in at ungodly hours of the morning, it seemed that most of the camp had known what was going to go down the night before and had woken up early in anticipation for the results. As a result, it had only been moments before the parade grew to a mob.

The Aphrodite cabin was very vigilant in their dove releasing and petal throwing, Piper made sure of it. (Everyone was fairly afraid of becoming victim to her charm speak should they mess it up, so that part of the plan was going perfectly).

The procession stopped for a moment in front of the Big House, and Chiron walked out, holding the two crowns in the air proudly. He looked like a proud father as he placed the crowns on their head, gold olive branches and tridents interweaving together.

Even Mr D had come out to watch, and he joined in the clapping as the procession continued to the Lake. This time around, Percy and Annabeth didn't even mind being thrown into the lake, especially when Percy made a giant 'Fuck you' float up as they suck to the bottom.

Their second underwater kiss was just as amazing as the first.

~~~

Breakfast was a much busier affair than usual, mainly due to the sheer amount of people who had visited camp for Percy's plan. Many people were also awake due to the new tradition, or to wait for the Hunters to arrive because they had friends in the hunt.

The Hunters ended up arriving midway through breakfast, and settled down in the Artemis cabin before going to join other campers at breakfast. Annabeth barely had time to stand up before Thalia was barreling into her, the both of them going down as Thalia shouted her celebrations.

After admiring the ring for a few moments, Thalia jumped up and spun around to face Percy, threatening with a knife seemingly pulled from nowhere.

"I've said this before, and I will say it again, but if you hurt her...," Thalia trailed off, angling the knife down slightly. Percy gulped and nodded, the message perfectly understood.