Chapter 18 - Camp Half Blood!

The next two weeks flew by, a normal routine appearing the longer they were in the mortal world, pleasantly surprising Annabeth and Percy. No random Gods had cropped up asking them for help, and there was no reason to go back to camp unless they wanted to see people (which they did every fortnight).

Annabeth was on the volleyball team, along with Aliyah and Charlie, and while she wasn't captain yet, everyone on the team could see she was well on the way to becoming it. They had a friendly match with Goode's sister school coming up in a week, and everyone was excited to see how the new team dynamics would fare in their playing. Percy had a swim meet with the same people in two weeks, and while it wasn't as friendly (swimming was a big thing for the schools) they were doing lots of training to get them ready for bigger meets with more schools.

The 'Education Club', as they called it, was progressing nicely, the meetings always were filled with people and different aspects being talked about every session. Anyone who wanted to talk about it was encouraged to, and the teachers who attended were becoming much more aware of what was happening in the corridor and their classrooms. 

Someone had even seen a teacher put another teacher in their place for telling a girl to change because what they were wearing was disturbing the boys. It made Annabeth incredibly proud of Percy and their friends, and what they were able to achieve, not from a monster fighting aspect.

Annabeth and Percy were going back to Camp Half-Blood for their fortnightly trip, and were staying the weekend. Piper and Jason were also going back to visit and the four of them were working on convincing Hazel, Frank and Reyna to join. Nico was a yearly camper, along with Will, and Percy and Jason had a bet on when they got together. Annabeth thought Percy was stupid for doing this because Jason obviously got help from Piper, who was the daughter of the literal love goddess.

The couple was leaving from school, getting picked up from Argus (who was picking up other kids in the area as well) and going straight to Camp so they could spend as long there as possible. Percy was missing his swim practise because Piper and Jason were going and he wanted to spend as long as possible with them, but he promised Coach he would swim while he was there and come to their Wednesday training early.

It was ten minutes until the bell would ring, and Percy was fidgeting a lot more than usual, unable to stay still because of his excitement. Riptide fell onto his desk with a clatter as it slipped through his fingers, the fingers twirling it messing up.

"Percy, could you please put the pen away, that's the fourth time I've told you." The teacher told him, annoyed at the sound.

"Sorry, I forgot," He replied sheepishly, putting the pen in his pocket and tapping his fingers on his desk instead. The teacher just rolled their eyes and carried on with the lesson.

After ten long minutes the bell finally rang, and Percy was out the door before it finished ringing, ignoring the teacher's shouts about homework. He ran to his locker where Annabeth was waiting for him.

"Hey, Wise Girl, ready to go?" He panted, eyes alight with excitement.

She slammed her locker shut and spun around to face him, "Yup! Let's go, Argus should be there, or at least be there in a few minutes!"

They turned to leave and as they rushed out of the building they were joined by Aliyah and Charlie. "Hey guys! Don't you usually have swim practise?"

"Oh hey, Charlie! Yeah, but we are going to visit some family, so I'm skipping it today!" Percy told them.

"Ooh, sounds fun! Are they far away?" Aliyah asked, seeing how excited the couple were.

"Nah, they're in Long Island, but we're getting picked up and we don't wanna miss it," Annabeth replied, explaining the rush. She craned her head to look around the mass of heads and try to find Argus. Percy nudged her and pointed to the corner where a van that said 'Delphi Strawberry Service' sat. "Oh, that's our ride! Bye guys!"