Chapter 8 - Grover!

The rest of the day went smoothly, no one bothering them, most of the boys giving Annabeth large berths when she walked down the halls. Annabeth smirked, the action reminding her of people at camp when she was annoyed. This scared people even more, and Percy had to nudge her, so she would smile and not look as threatening.

They both had maths at the end of the day, Annabeth in a more advanced class than Percy. Some people were surprised to see her there, not expecting her to be as smart as she was, and even surprising the teacher with the skill she completed the questions. The Athena Cabin was very into advanced maths, and considering Annabeth wanted to be an architect, she had been doing this sort of maths since she was quite young.

She was in the same maths class as Ash, who had been the one to tutor Percy in maths the year before. Tutoring maths is easier in real life, not through an IM as Annabeth and Percy found out, which is what led to Ash tutoring Percy instead.

"Percy was not kidding when he said you were clever," They muttered to Annabeth as she finished the exercises they had been given in record time.

"Useless at teaching though, so it didn't help him," Annabeth agreed, not arrogantly, but just accepting that as a fact. "You're clever as well, you seem to be getting this easily. He said you were a good teacher and that you helped him a lot with maths. We would try to call and stuff, for homework but with maths it failed drastically,"

"Yeah, he told me about the 'Maths Catastrophe'. Did you actually manage to set your couch on fire because of it?" Ash asked, turning to her as they finished the last question.

Annabeth blushed, "He told you about that? Oh Gods, that is so embarrassing,"

"So it is true?! Damn, no wonder he looked so nervous when I started explaining it in a similar way,"

"Yeah, I think I accidentally gave him some more trauma because of that, me as well. We've tried maths explaining in real life as well, which went just as bad. You might have to keep tutoring him, if that's alright," Annabeth requested sheepishly, "He told me how good you were,"

"Of course, it was quite fun, I can't lie. He would come up with the most intriguing ways to avoid it as well. One time, before he got a phone, we scheduled to go to his parents apartement, and he was late because he was rescuing a fish from school," Ash chuckled. "He walked into the apartment carrying the fish in a plastic bag, and introduced us. He wouldn't let us carry on with the tutoring until we went and released it into a river,"

Annabeth's eyes widened before she sighed in resignation, "Of course he did, I'm not even surprised at this point. Let me guess, he introduced the fish, then said that it told him it wanted to go back to his family?"

"To a T! Has he done that before?" Ash asked, surprised.

"On multiple occasions actually. Apparently fish are not cared for properly in schools, but that doesn't really surprise me," Annabeth replied. "Once he called me after a detention he had because he got caught stealing it. He was almost in tears, and I had to calm him down, which took a good half an hour,"

Ash chuckled and went to respond, but got interrupted by the teacher who gave them more work to get them to be quiet.

The lesson ended a few minutes after that, and they walked out of school together, meeting Percy and the rest of his friends by the gates outside of school. Aliyah and Charlie were also there, being in the same class as Percy, and they were all chatting happily as they waited for Annabeth and Ash. 

Their friends were walking home in a different direction to where he and Annabeth were going, so they waved goodbye, shouting at each other to meet up at the gates before school started the next day. As they walked away, their hands clasped together unconsciously, shoulders brushing every now and again.