Chapter 12 - PIZZA!

After swim trials were finished, Coach Hall announced that places on the team and Captain and such would be posted on the Sports board by Monday. After that, everyone jumped out of the pool and walked to the changing rooms, having to vacate the area because swimming lessons for the public were starting to take place.

Inside the changing rooms everyone went to stand under the showers and rid their hair and swim clothes of the chlorine from the pool. Percy stood under the warm stream of water, his eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of the warm water relaxing him. It was quiet, the only thing he could hear was the water, the sounds of whispering boys were drowned out.

Percy could feel the eyes on his skin and opened one eye, raising his eyebrow and looking around at everyone. "I sell pictures for $10 each." Everyone looked away and was silent, embarrassed at being caught, and Percy snorted.

"Okay, but like, do you actually?" Aaron asked after a beat of silence. "You could get a lot of money."

Percy snorted again, "Really? How much d'you think I'd make?"

"A couple hundred at least." A boy shouted from the back of the changing room and a wave of murmured agreement flowed around the room. 

"I'm flattered. Maybe I should think about it." Percy replied thoughtfully as he turned off the shower and walked to his stuff. Everyone chuckled quietly, and went back to changing, stopping their staring at Percy, much to his relief. He got changed quickly so he could go see Annabeth, and he told his friends to meet them where she had been sitting during the trials.

Percy walked back into the pool area and was about to walk up to Annabeth who had her nose buried in a book when he heard his name called. He turned towards the sound of the voice and saw Coach Hall.

"Hey, kid!" Coach waved him over to his office. Percy turned and followed him inside, curious about what coach wanted.

"Yes, Coach?" Percy asked as he entered the office, closing the door behind him. 

"Look, Muffin, I get that you might be annoyed with me for making you take off -"

"It's alright, I sorta knew it was gonna happen at some point. And it did make me faster, so it made sense." Percy interrupted, cutting off Coach's rambling.

"Good, Good." He paused as if he didn't know how to word what he wanted to say next. "Look, I know that that amount of scars isn't normal, but something is telling me that it's fine and it's giving me a headache. I wanted to ask, just in case and to prevent the headache that will probably come anyways, but is everything alright? Nothing that I should be worried about, no one I need to call?" he paused again, rubbing his forehead. "I feel like this should be a bigger deal, but my brain just won't compute."

Thank Gods for the Mist, Percy thought relieved. "No, everything is fine, thanks for asking. There's no one you need to call, I'm all good." He reassured Coach.

"Good, I just wanted to make sure." Coach Hall replied, relieved. "Alright, you can go now, that's all I wanted to talk about."

"Thanks, see you Monday, Coach." Percy called out as he left the office, walking up to where Annabeth was sitting.

None of their friends had come out from the changing room yet, so the couple were able to have a quiet conversation about what they were going to about what just happened. "Well, good news, the Mist works slightly on scars." Percy muttered in ancient greek to avoid people understanding as he sat down next to her.

"Really? How does it work? I couldn't hear what was going on but it seemed like everyone saw." Annabeth asked, slightly confused as she put her stuff into her backpack.