Chapter 5 - School?!

A/N : I don't go to school in the US, so know basically nothing about the American schooling system. Percy and Annabeth are in Senior year, and that's about all I know ;) Don't come for me if I get things wrong, thanks. bye

The next day they were awoken by an alarm going off. In the days after the war, alarms were a big no no because they tended to set off flight or fight responses, however they were now used to it. 

This development unfortunately meant that Percy and alarm clocks were not the best combo, as it usually ended with them in several pieces on the floor. This one thankfully seemed to be more resilient than others before it, as it stayed in one pieces after Percy slammed it on the floor to get it to stop ringing. 

The loud clunk of it hitting the floor got Annabeth properly awake, though Percy was clinging to sleep. She tried to get up but was stuck under Percy's body as he attempted to hide from the morning. 

"Percy, come on now, we have to wake up," She whispered into his ear, tangling her fingers in his hair.

"Are monsters about to attack us?" He mumbled. 

Annabeth looked at him in confusion and replied, "No?" 

"A God in our living room demanding our help?" 

"I seriously hope not,"

Percy smiled in a satisfied way, "Then I'm going back to sleep,"

Annabeth chuckled, "Nope, sorry, Seaweed Brain! We've got school!"

"But I slept so weeell," He whined, "I had no nightmares - Hades, I think I even had a good dream!"

"Really? That's a nice change," Annabeth replied, trying to wiggle out from under him, "If you get up, you can tell me all about it while we walk to school,"

"Urgh, fine," He got up onto his elbows so Annabeth was still trapped under him, but could move more freely. "But only if you give me a good morning kiss," He smirked, smiling down at her.

"You are insufferable, Perce," She pecked him on the lips, "Love you," 

"Love you to, Wise girl," He murmured.

"Alright, now up you get. Or I'm gonna kick you onto the floor,"

Reluctantly Percy got up off the bed, and walked over to the chest of drawers and pulled out some clothes. They both got dressed and went into the bathroom to brush their teeth before grabbing the backpacks they had packed the night before and headed down stairs. 

They walked down just as they heard the door close from Paul leaving the house, him having the leave earlier because he was a teacher. They walked into the kitchen and saw Sally finishing up her own breakfast at the table, and when she saw them she nodded good morning.

"There's some yoghurt in the fridge and granola on the table, which you can have if you cut up some fruit. Paul had to go in early because all the teachers have a first day back meeting. Usually, he'll be able to drive you," She told the two of them as they got bowls out from a cabinet. 

They joined Sally at the table and had a quick breakfast, in which she told them that she got an email yesterday saying that all the students have to go to the office to get timetables and locker numbers. They finished up and put their dishes in the sink, Percy pecking his mom on the cheek before pulling on shoes and rushing out the door so they wouldn't be late.

It was a twenty minute walk to school and they walked hand in hand, Percy telling her about his good dream. Annabeth was slightly amazed at the detail of which Percy seemed to remember about it, and considered the possibility of it being a demigod dream until he said that he could go on a broomstick. Zeus would never let Percy on a broomstick. At this point Annabeth would not have been surprised if wizards exist, so she ignored that bit.