Chapter 1 - Aftermath of a War

It was two weeks after Gaea was defeated, and while you could clearly see the after effects of the war, stuff was starting to look up. The Camps had suffered great losses, so the first few days were dedicated to paying respects to those who had died, and healing those who were injured. 

The Hephaestus cabin had helped build a quick makeshift extension of the infirmary so that there would be enough space for everyone, and everyone was healed up quite quickly considering all the Apollo children - Greek and Roman - were helping with the healing. 

Some of the other demigods with knowledge of medicine also helped, mainly the Athena Cabin and the Hecate Cabin. After, the Romans stuck around for a little longer to help with rebuilding camp, so that it was livable, before returning to Camp Jupiter to rebuild their own camp.

Frank and Hazel went back with them, much too soon for any of the Sevens liking, considering they had been seeing each other non stop for months. However, the Romans needed their leaders, and so they left with promises to Iris Message when they could. 

Both camps were to remain in touch, and after everything was re-built and the camps were as back to normal as possible, they were going to start organising activities to keep them in touch. Reyna suggested a sort of exchange program, which Chiron said he would help organise.

The childrens of Athena and Hephaestus took it upon themselves to rebuild camp as well as they possibly could, considering it was probably the best chance for them to upgrade anything they needed. However Cabin 9 was doing everything with less vigour than usual, and it was clear from the way they were working they thought they were missing someone. 

The only people who could really empathize with them were the Seven, who hung out in a quiet circle in the first few days, feeling the mood of the group drop due to Leo's absence. Eventually, they - and Cabin 9 - seemed to understand what had happened and started to attempt to carry on. Annabeth fully begun the construction of camp along with Nyssa, who had become cabin councillor in Leo's absence. 

Nico and Hazel privately agreed that there was something fishy about his death, but kept it to themselves as to not get peoples hopes up. 

Everything was slowly going back to normal, the construction finished, classes came back on, with latin now being taught for those who wanted to go visit Camp Jupiter. The campfire was slowly burning higher and brighter and everyone was adjusting to life as it was now.

 Eventually people started eating at their own tables again - apart from the seven who stubbornly refused to eat at their own tables, even eating on the floor together until Chiron gave up with a sigh. Nico joined them, sometimes bringing Will along with him - 'Doctors orders'. This caused many 'not your type' jokes at dinner, to Percy and Wills extent.

Now, much too soon for everyone's liking, summer was coming to an end and people were slowly leaving, parents standing at the edge of Camp Half-Blood, waiting for their children to come home. Chiron was always there to meet them, explaining quickly and flying over most details about what had happened over summer and how their children may be affected before saying a final goodbye. Everyone apart from the yearly campers and the Seven had now left, hoping to get a few days with family and adjusting from being away from camp, so now camp was quiet again.

Jason, Piper, Annabeth, and Percy had snuck out after curfew and ran down to the pier. They had perfected this over the weeks, so now the harpies couldn't even hear anything, and if they did, they would think it was someone in the infirmary. After meeting, they would all jump into the lake, and Percy would create an air bubble and they would just sit at the lake bed and talk about their day.