Chapter 4 - Is Percy a Siren?

A/N : this chapter is low-key me finding a head cannon that's said Percy was a really good singer and I was just like yes

It was a Monday (blugh) and schools were starting back up, meaning Percy and Annabeth were starting at Goode in two days. They had gotten up later than usual that morning, having gone to bed in the early hours of the morning. They had stayed up talking to Piper and Jason on an IM, who were coming to visit for the day before they carried on their journey up to California, and all four of them were excited. 

Percy and Annabeth were in the kitchen and had just finished breakfast when the doorbell rang. They jumped up and raced towards the door, opening it to see their friends grinning in excitement back at them. 

They shouted goodbye to Sally and Paul as they pulled on their shoes, and ran out the door dragging their friends with them. Percy and Jason reunited with lots of "Bro! How are you?" "I'm good bro! And you bro?"

Annabeth and Piper laughed, but hugged each other quickly, having missed each other quite a bit even though it had been only a few days.

The way the boys were reuniting made them look like long lost lovers or something and Annabeth turned to Piper and whispered, "Are they dating behind our backs or something?".

"No, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. They have man crushes on each other." Piper whispered back.

"Oh, they definitely do."

They decided to head to the park, mainly because Percy wanted to introduce Jason to his fish friends, but it was a nice day, so everyone was up for it. They walked to the park in a loud group, but as soon as they reached it, Percy and Jason bolted for the pond - in a race, their girlfriends assumed. 

Piper and Annabeth followed, enjoying the sun as they slowly trailed behind their boyfriends. They found Percy and Jason sitting at the side of the pond with seven or so fish around them, all talking happily, Percy translating for Jason. Piper and Annabeth sat behind them, chatting about random things, like school, while lying down and soaking up the sun.

"Woah look Tommy! Look at all those fishies! Let's go say hi to those people." They heard a small person shout, before two toddlers came barreling towards the group. Their parents, who were further away, seemed not to realise their children running off until they were already next to Percy and Jason.

"Hello, my name is Ella and this is Tommy! We saw you talking to the fish and wanted to say hi!" Said the little girl, introducing herself and her brother.

"Well hello small person! My name is Percy and that's Jason," Percy replied with a smile, and then got to happily introducing his fish. "The fish are called David, Greg, Samantha, Alex, Dianna and Andre, and they say it's very nice to meet you. David also says he likes your shirt!"

"Thank you David!" Ella squealed happily. "Can you tell him I like his scales?"

"Yeah, of course!" Percy answered. He turned to the fish and waited for a beat, where he relayed the message to the fish, before turning back to her and replying, "He also says thank you,"

By now the parents had realised their children were not where they had left them, and were walking quickly over to Annabeth and Piper, who explained what was going on. The mother was apologising, but the girls assured her it was alright and that they weren't bothered at all.

"Jason, how is Percy talking to the fish?" Tommy asked, tilting his head to the side. 

Jason smirked slightly and started explaining, "Well, his dad -"