CHAPTER 3: Nice To Meet You, Stranger

"Nice to meet you, Stranger"

 ***

ANNA'S POV

School

I am lost. I just know it.

I looked at the school map that was given by the official guard (the school is too big to have a map, is it not?) and was quite satisfied that it was all written in English, but it didn't help me solve the problem that I seriously enjoy as of this moment.

One can say it, do you?

I looked around first; As I saw few people passed by, I thought of inquiring them but drop it when I saw a digital map nearby.

I paced near it and tried to key in the building that I was supposed to find. Since I came here early, I have had the whole time in the world.

GYMNASIUM

It took only a span of seconds before a red line directed the way to the said location.

I lined my finger with the line before nodding to myself.

I sighed and walk straight to where that line leads me. I'm surrounded by a huge glass-like building so it was hard for me to find it.

As obvious as it seems, this is my first time coming here.

Today is my first day - The first day of the second semester.

I'm already in my senior high in Japan but I have to repeat my school year here so basically... I am in my third year again.

I don't have to worry about the lessons, though, since this school is actually a school for foreigners and the progress of their teaching is highly advance to keep up with the lifestyle of any foreigner who preferred to study here. Like me.

And the first task of every transferee is to find that freaking building.

Let's make a pause here and comment. I think it's weird to let their new student wander around their campus without any aide or escort or just somebody familiar with this school.

On second thought, they did give us a companion: The Map. But seriously speaking, it's useless.

Okay. So, the digital map directed me to that pathway on my right, walk it straight, pass the main statue then the Gym will be smiling at me in no time.

Yeah, right.

I sighed as I reach the end of the pathway. There's no Gym in front of me - just another massive building... again.

Just how many building do this school have? And there's no freaking statue to complete it all. Fuck.

Closing my eyes to regain my patience, I unconsciously paced to the unfamiliar alley. I released my breath as I stare at my feet while walking; not knowing the place that I have stumbled upon.

I sighed again as I look up.

My eyes widen in shock and awe.

Sure, I'm not successful in locating the building that I need to find...but I am satisfied with what I am seeing now.

Beautiful. One word that my mind could only process. 

It was an understatement to describe this place as beautiful.

Fine full trees, distinctive with their breed and size were scattered around the place with floret and different colors of known and rare flowers strewn like little bird seeds on the floor.