👑76| Finale

🌸🌸

Heavy footsteps surround them as the guards begin pulling out their swords simultaneously while looking at Woo Hyun. Immediately they realize who he is, they turn to Sun Hee hesitantly moving back.

"Ji Min has given the mandate to me. Arrest them both!" Silently monitoring the movements of the guards, she moves out and follows some maids to the exit.

Two swords are drawn out quickly preventing the guards from attacking for sometime. Min Kyu nods and pulls out a pouch from his hanbok and throws it into the air. A white powder  unleashes into the broad atmosphere and silences the guards, putting them to sleep as they collapse on the floor one by one.

Min Kyu grabs Bo Mi by her arms and places another pouch of the powder in her hands.

"Take the back route and leave. Moving out with us will attract attention."

She stares at him closely holding back her tears. "Promise me you'll return safely with Seong Ri?" He nods sadly and turns to Woo Hyun with a short nod.

"Let's go!" Woo Hyun twirls to Min Kyu with a smile and rushes out after him. With their quick steps, they are able to reach the main chambers. No maids are walking around. Only corpses of maids and some guards spread over the floor.

Woo Hyun swiftly starts to lower his hand over one of their necks with Min Kyu to check if they are breathing. But before he can do so, the dead bodies suddenly wake up and begin grunting hungrily.

Their lifeless eyes scan the area quietly looking for a prey but only two vampires are beside them. With their necks twitching, Woo Hyun steps back quickly and pulls out his sword.

Facing their backs against each other, they hold their swords high going round slowly. The vampires walk gradually towards them with their mouths craving for a fight.

"Attack!" They steam up quickly and run towards the vampires and twirl, slaying them one by one. With each stash against their necks, they thump on the floor dead.

Woo Hyun's hands tremble as his body lays over the sword dug into the floor. Blood pouts from his mouth and splashes on the floor, painting his lips red.

Min Kyu rushes to him immediately to assist him to get back on his feet.

"Are you okay?" His eyes threaten to close gradually but his senses refuse to give up. Checking his pulse is enough to inform Min Kyu why he is in this state.

"You haven't fed?" His face falls down from the exhaustion and improper healing of his wounds from before.

"I'm fine. We have to stop Ji Min first."

Min Kyu moves his eyes away from him for a moment shaking his head. It is obvious he wouldn't last much longer if he continues to fight. Also, knowing how important he is for me, he can't bring himself to ignore the situation.

"My guards will be here soon to assist me. It's better if you rest for a while."

"No. It's my responsibility to set everything right and prevent further deaths. Don't bother with me."

He gets up slowly and adjusts his body with the help of his sword and stares at him confidently after nodding his head. With nothing to convince as his mind is certain, he helps him to stand properly.

Min Kyu sighs while looking at his situation but there is nothing he can say to persuade him. The silence lurking through the area is suddenly interrupted by grunts from approaching vampires from all sides of the palace.

Wiping off the blood from his lips with his palm, he pulls out his sword and runs with a simultaneous scream with Min Kyu as they slaughter them together facing their backs.