👑13| Pleas

🌸🌸

  Lifting my head up into the skies, my eyes close from the burning sensation under the scorching sun. I raise my left arm and cover my face enough to look up in peace. I knew the consequences of standing in the sun for too long so I step out after a few minutes.

I could hear the normal chatting sounds in my ears as I made my way under a peach tree standing in the middle of the townsquare. This was the spot many people gathered around to rest and chat after a long day's work. But for me, it was my break free place whenever I roam I'm the town.

For today, the dazzling heat kinda felt really cool. The atmosphere is quite serene and peaceful too. Under the peach blossom's shade which bloomed magnificently,  the tree exposes its green dazzling leaves to the burning scorching sun.

  When I throw my eyes around again, tracing individuals is extremely difficult. The vacancy board on the tree was as empty as usual. Taking a deep sigh, my head drops in disappointment.

  I had been coming here for two years now after going to individuals houses for job vacancies. But I was thrown out  before I could even get to try. Of course, I can tell the reasons now. It was either for being the weird daughter or being inexperienced.

  I only moved here after someone directed me here. But here's far worse. Only men were requested to work in either the palace or other well off families.

  I turn around when I hear heavy footsteps from four patrolling military officers from the palace. Following up, I wondered if Woo Hyun was amongst them. Although I see him behind, my eyes trace the presence of a young woman running after him. With her hands holding her flowery patterned satin robe, she calls after him.

The waistband which trims the circular crane creases when she starts running faster to meet up with him.

In her ttoya meori, her hair dolls into a bun at the nape of her neck and a golden hairpin which holds her hair in position. Behind her bun, some parts of her hair lies over to her back as she runs. With just one glance at her, I could tell she comes from an affluent family.

  But when I look ahead of her, I realize she wasn't just running but running after him.

  Not wanting to attract attention, Woo Hyun gazes anxiously in anticipation waiting for her to catch up.  While she rushes to him holding her robe, she stops a feet from him to take a breath.

"Woo Hyun! What are you doing?" she complains while rushing to him with the maids behind her. With a pause glare from her, they stop just a few steps from the palace.

They pause to stay behind a few meters from them to keep to their posts. She dashes to him as she runs with her hands clasping high on her fluffy heavy dress. He drops his hands while stumbling back.

"What do you want?" Woo Hyun debates throwing his hands beside him. Baek Sun Hee is taken aback by the harsh emotionless tone which he addresses her with. But after folding her lips, she lets go off her robe to talk to him.

  "Do you still see me as your friend?" Sun Hee stammers which makes him expose an unaffected look on his face. He smirks for a second and turns around to look at her.

 Taking intimidating steps closer to her, she stumbles back trembling in fear for the first time. "F-Friends?" he retorts mockingly as he returns a short grin at her. "We're no longer friends. Isn't that obvious-"

 "-I know what I did wasn't right! But I had no other choice. I won't go back on my promise until you forgive me," Sun Hee explains. But from his unconcerned looks, she could tell that he doesn't keep her words to heart.