👑55| Doom

🌸🌸

Silence erupts rampantly but is disturbed rarely with drops of water from the interior. Nothing is really visible under the few candlelight brightening each opposite side.

No one attempts to speak for minutes. Absolute silence takes over the whole room although it has a lot of inhabitants in it.

Staring at the intruders is the only source of entertainment to the eyes of the little crowd gathered there.

Trembling and unable to move much, Hye Ra twirls slowly to Min Kyu who holds her carefully in his arms crying. With the little strength she has, she mumbles under a low tone as she taps his palm.

"D-Don't interfere."

His lips curve negatively at her contemplating to utter whatever he deems right. But how can he break his promise to her?

Noise suddenly broke in the town square when they saw someone approaching a stall. The little crowd had gathered around a woman and a little boy, murmuring.

The little boy pursed his lips slowly and raised his head to his companion. Min Kyu stared blankly at the accusing eyes hurled at him.

"Look at the cheater! She has the guts to come out now!"

Majority of the crowd gathered around them nodded in agreement while crossing their arms. The stall keeper fetched a few tomatoes she had and hurled them at her.

The rotten tomatoes splashed into the air and fell right on Hye Ra dressing her up as an ugly clown. Her robe gradually got tainted with red remnants of the rotten tomatoes.

An offensive smell emanated from the tomatoes, branding her a foul smell. They all began laughing as Hye Ra watched in horror her appearance now.

Heavy simpering settles like a pit of bile in he stomach. One of them screamed, pointing at Min Kyu. "Is he your cheater son you betrayed the Minister with?"

His fists clenched in fury as the continued to simper at her. His teary eyes blurred his vision and when he was about to tackle them, Hye Ra held his hand.

Without much thought, she turned away from the crowd and pulled the little boy. "Aunt." He cried yanking his hand. "They were insulting you back there. I have to clarify."

She heaved a sigh and wiped his tears with a light smile.

"This is temporary. Remember we're doing this for them. No one can know your identity! No one...Promise me"! With a little bit of hesitation, he nodded.

Standing under hesitation and helplessness beside his framed aunt, he realizes he was in the same situation few years ago, and this time too he doesn't have a choice.

"He's—" she mutters quietly when suddenly the gates bangs heavily, falling against the wall in a heavy thud. Bare dust overtakes the clear atmosphere temporarily blinding everyone.

With the sun setting, a dark figure basks under the dimming light and exposes himself after a few minutes. Passing his hand over a strand of hair lying over his eyes, he walks up to the entrance and flings the bodyguards in his way. As the guards fall over injured and grunting to stand up, everyone turns to the commotion.

Staring curiously at who has the audacity to interfere in such a meeting, they remain still watching the door together.

The guards rush to gather around him again but they are pushed against the wall in a short go. Wincing in pain , they struggle to get on their feet.