👑65| Death begins

=============================
Dedicated to @CeciandJack for the unending support....
==============================
🌸🌸

The brink of dawn lurks through the atmosphere and clears the darkness engulfing the town. Sunlight gradually becomes the source of clarity as the maids make their way towards their working position.

They move quickly beside each other while being guided by their head court ladies.

"I don't feel like working today.... being here is creepy!"

Ha Yoo Bi, one of the oldest maid creases over her robe and pushes her anxiety aside when her eyes land on her superior.

Standing in the middle of them, the court lady stares at her into her soul like she is dressing the carcass of an antelope with a twitched eyebrow. The rest just watch quietly hoping she will turn back without scolding them too.

"Does anyone here have complaints too?"

Their astonished looks replace quickly with shaking heads. They bow in fear before passing their fingers over a strand of hair lying over their faces.

A spark of flint curiosity draws in Moon Bin's eyes while he stands by the gate. His legs move forward slowly as he gapes at the guards standing by the gate.

One of them rushes over to rip off some money from another guard who walks directly from the town square marching to the palace gate.

His greedy eyes rejoice over the few won he acquires from the guard. He pushes it into his pocket quickly and throws his eyes over the area to make sure that no one is looking at him before he sighs of relief.

After heaving a sigh, he pats his shoulders with a smile. "I'll pay you double next time. Trust me!"

The other guard lowers his head down in agony and pushes his hands off, but he begins to chortle at his behavior.

His amused smile diminishes slowly when he sees Moon Bin standing beside him all of a sudden. Moreover, his eyes start flickering spotting two other guards with him.

"What can I do for you, Commander?"

Quietly, his hand moves over his neck.  Immediately he does that, his guards lift their guard and hover over the suspect. They gnash his body against theirs to cage him when he tries to escape before forcefully pulling out the money in his pocket.

"Hey! W-What the....that's my money." He yanks his hand away and charges at the other guards. But fortunately, the two throw the pouch of money to each other before it finally falls into Moon Bin's hands.

"What's this? Where did you get such a huge amount?"

He flings his infuriating eyes at him and rolls his eyes before attempting to catch it, but he lifts it it much higher than before.

"Give it back to me!"

His demand falls on deaf ears. Instead, Moon Bin does the complete opposite. He yanks the upper part against his fingers and pops up the rope.

His eyes feel pierced immediately he sees what is in it.

"It smells fishy."

He closes it up slowly and carefully drops it into his pocket while turning to the guard.

"I'm going to look into this. But for the meantime, you're coming with me."

His men grapple the traitor by his arms and cage his arms in between them. Struggling under their grip, they force his body in drags towards the dungeon. Dragging  into the palace in, they release his body and dump him in the interrogation room.