👑18| Cages

🌸🌸

Standing a feet from the cupboard, his eyes blankly look over in thoughts. His aunt sighs watching him from where he stood. Unable to control her curiosity, she folds her arms and raise her head.

"And that girl. How is she?" his aunt asks. Min Kyu's fingers drop his hat beside the cupboard as he turns to her curiously. "Seo Jin told you?" She looks away for a second and keeps silent.

Her silence enough makes him clear of the doubt. There was no need to inquire further. At that moment, he knew his movements were all reported to her.

When he lifts his head, he keeps his fingers entangled over the beaded line over his hat while staring down quietly.

"You don't need to keep an eye on me. I'm not a kid anymore." With the harsh tone he replied with, she can't help herself but to sigh again. She slowly picks up a jar of hot tea before before filling a cup under a jar.

After keeping the silence, only the sound of tea pouring into the empty cup lurks through the room. After half filling her cup, she drops the jar on the table as her lips part to inquire and quench her curiosity.

"She's the first to make you talk on the outside. Tell me more about her-"

"-nothing. I'm going inside." Before he steps back angrily, she grasps his hand in a blue and stops him from walking out on her. As his head hesitates to look back, he looks away trying to keep his eyes fixed outside.

"Don't go yet. There's nothing wrong with making friends. I realized you keep to yourself since your mother left you to me. I'm happy you're livening up now."

Ending her statement with a smile, his eyes glance up in daze while his lips fumble to utter. "I can't even walk around without being told on. You don't need to ask me? I'm sure you can find out on your own."

Holding his breath in, he quickly turns around and returns an emotional gaze at her before shifting his sword away into the dark with a slight kick on the floor.

"I can't stand this anymore! I can't do anything without guards hovering around me! It's like I'm a prisoner here-"

"-I'm doing this for your safety!" Nodding furiously, he raises his free hand and jerks her hand from his when tears well up in his eyes. His eyes close after remembering screams. Holding back his face from her view, he retorts sharply while shaking his head.

"Safety? I've been listening to that for seventeen years now. It's suffocating!" He screams. Storming away from the house, his aunt isn't able to stop him this time. Her hands float still in the air in attempt to call him. But as he walks out, he bangs the door in her face.

"Min Kyu. Wait!" she sobs as she rests her hand on the door which he steps out from. "You don't know what he's capable of." Not wanting to spend a moment in front of her, Min Kyu walks out furiously and marches towards the end of the fence.

Seo Jin moves away from the other guards when he sees him step out furiously. When he gets a feet closer to him, Min Kyu raises his trembling hand at him as he stands in front of him to explain.

"Don't follow me!" Seo Jin moves back in silence with his sword clinging around his fingers. Unable to look him in the eyes, he turns to the door and find his aunt standing by the door in tears.

Her eyes waver seeing a nod from Seo Jin before she gets back into the house. "I'm sorry. She was worried about you so I had to tell her-"

"-you'll tell her even when I blink my eyes too? I thought you were my friend, but it doesn't seem like it." Seo Jin heaves a sigh as he listens to his end statement.