👑60| Gleam

🌸🌸

Court ladies walk in line along the sidewalk of the palace. The dim light from outside illuminates the walls and throws its reflection against the doors.

"Where is he?" One of her ladies bows and walks slowly towards a door in front of them. Her abrupt appearance strikes the noisy atmosphere cradling the room.

The ministers turn silently to her while Ji Min bites his lips.

"Discipline your daughter. Teach her not to interrupt meetings." He rolls his eyes and pulls Ah Rin to his chest. Her hand covers her teary eyes as Sun Hee looks down in thoughts.

The other ministers throw accusative eyes at Minister Kim. Standing by the table, he fumbles under his aggressive hold on the table. His hands tremble and hold on tightly to the table. The ministers gradually walk out while looking at him until they get to the end of the room.

Noticing this, Minister Baek rushes to the door in an attempt to call Ji Min but Sun Hee grabs his hand before he can step out to achieve his goal. His shaky eyes scan his companion whose eyes are filled with hate.

"You prefer to side with him over your own daughter?"

He yanks her hand off and stares angrily at her.

"You don't know about what I do so stay out of it!" He turns away quickly and tries to walk out again when she lifts her hand up.

His eyes widen in shock while his instincts move him to raise his hand at her too. Another hand grabs his in the air to stop him from hitting her. Her eyes keep trembling and tears start to run down her face.

"That's enough!" Minister Baek raises his head quietly to see who it is.  Looking up, his eyes stare blankly back at Woo Hyun in shock while his hand slowly disengages from his grip after Woo Hyun loosens it.

"Control that girl then! I don't have time to pamper her tantrums."

He gapes at her in fury and turns away this time for good. Fuming at his audacity to stop him from discipling his own daughter, he storms out through the main door.

She throws her arms around his neck as tears run down her cheeks. With her eyes closed in fear, she sobs and holds on to him not wanting to let go ever.

"W-Woo Hyun."

Soo Hyang runs her critical reading ability over the scroll which is handed to her. She raises her head and sighs after turning to her court ladies.

"And the young man who approached Woo Hyun?" She turns around and receives another scroll from her companions.

"He has been assisting all the widows and pensioners who lost their livelihood after Ji Min took over. But he always appears without showing his face."

Her eyes look down to the portrait of the young man with a blue mask on. No part of his face is exposed, only his eyes are revealed under the blue mask.

"He saved the children Ji Min asked for last season. I'm sure he knows of Ji Min's existence from the words he told the Crown Prince."

She gets up immediately from her seat and pulls out another scroll.

"He knows and hasn't attempted to find him. Who is this person? Find out more about him and Seong Ri."

Seo Jin walks into the chambers and bows to him. His eyes stare outside with his hands folded in thoughts. "Have you made your decision now?"

He remains quiet for a while as he thinks thoroughly about the situation at hand.

The silence ceases with the abrupt introduction of one of his men who steps out from the other guards. With a bow, he announces.