👑70| Realizations

🌸🌸

  A burst of laughter echoes through the walls encasing a dark room down the hallway. His fingers repeatedly taps the table in front of him as the informants lined up.

  "Adding to your request...We found out that Eun Seong Ri was adopted as a little girl in the Eun household. She returned amnesiac and frail. Most of the townspeople say she was a jinx."

  His lips purse curiously with furrowed eyebrows. Not only does he find her scent weird, she is amnesiac too.

  "Her adoptive sister was born feeble and works less due to that. But her writing capabilities have been poor since. Writing a book will probably not be entertaining even to an illiterate."

  He stands up immediately and pushes the items on his table down, clashing down the floor. Sound of breaking glass makes the guards alert  but he rolls his eyes at their attention.

  "Eun Seong Ri. Find out everything about her. Where she came from! And you! Keep an eye on her wherever she goes in the palace!'

 They nod sharply in return and march out together holding their swords attentively. Picking a jar from the table, he throws it at the door in fury and smacks it against the door.

 Suddenly, the door pops open revealing the stunned face of Sun Hee who stands by the door unable to move. His eyes stare angrily at her from the corner of his eyes and makes her even more terrified.

 "Kill Eun Seong Ri... there's no need for investigation!" Fuming with anger, her eyes soar with her fists clenching as she walks up to him. He watches her quietly while she storms inside without his permission.

  "And why should I do that? Wait. You're actually jealous of her with the Crown Prince? This is interesting!"

She raises her hand and reaches for his face but he catches her hand in the air and throws it away with a short laugh.

  "I need answers from her first if she's truly the author. Regarding your jealousy, deal with her quietly. Don't even touch her hair or else you'll regret it!"

With a pissed off look, she turns away and storms out. She stops by the door and stares at the mark on her wrist from his aggressive grasp.

  Two court ladies marched towards Sun Hee who stood dazzled at the realization of the resurfacing of the Crown Princess.

  "Mistress." She turned slowly to them and lowered her eyes in thoughts.

"Rumors are that the Crown Prince spent the whole night with Seong Ri... some say he was nursing her...and others say he gave her favors-"

  She raised her hand quickly and slapped her in the face, throwing her on the floor in a thud.

  "Sorry mistress! I couldn't hide it. It's all over the palace!"

  Her eyes stood attentively with anger running through her veins ..The thought of him sleeping with her...exploded her senses.

  "I'll kill you Park Seong Ri...I won't let you take him from me again."

Three guards move simultaneously with Moon Bin along the streets of the town square. Two of them stop to rip a notice from the board placed at the centre of the town.

  The portraits of several townspeople accompany the one in his hands. He observes the face of the missing man and passes it to Moon Bin. Moon Bin receives it quickly and rips down another one.

  "We killed them yesterday. They were vampires."

The guards nod and gargle at the other faces but they turn away when they realize that their faces are not familiar at all.