Chapter 27

I'm writing this a day early because I wanted to write another thing for International Minecraft day, this is a thing, you can look it up on google.

Epilogue after this chapter. ;)

~Lucas's pov~

Everything was getting darker while we followed Nightmare and Sabre back to the cave. I felt someone pull my arm a little, "Lucas, will Sabre turn back?" Rainbow asks me, "He will. If he's angry or anxious then it's harder, he's probably still calming down from what happened earlier," I explain.

We finally make it to what I presume is the cave they found Sabre in, we walk down to the farthest part of the cave and then set up for the night. Sabre walks over to a nest and lays down in it, after a while he falls asleep and silently snores.

We set up a small fire on the opposite side of where Sabre was so he could stay cool. I sat down on my makeshift bed and watched the fire, I turn to look at Sabre and see Overseer creeping over to his nest, "Be careful, in this form he can be a bit violent when you wake him up," I whisper yell to him.

He came back to be around the fire and left Sabre be, "Lucas, how did you and Sabre meet?" Alex asked me, "I found him a couple of years ago before he was matured, he got stuck in a hunter trap and he's been with me since then," I explain to her.

"Hey Lucas, can we see your wings?" Rainbow asks me, I unfold one of my wings to show him, "They're so big!" He said with a gasp, "What I find interesting is that the ends fade to a dark green," Guardian says while eating a piece of baked potato, I didn't notice it until he mentioned it.

~Timeskip to the morning~

I woke up to Sabre lightly kicking my back with his foot, "What do you want?" I asked drowsily, "When did you get wings?" He asked me as if he wasn't surprised at all, "I apparently always had them but the vest hid them," I explain while waking up a bit more. Some of the others were already up and getting ready to leave.

Overseer approached Sabre, "Hey Sabre, can we talk later? I just want to ask some questions about what you are," He asks while trying to not be awkward, "You can ask while we make our way back, we won't be doing anything else anyway," Sabre said with a smile. "It now makes sense why you're so short!" I turned to see Chaos was the one that said that and I couldn't help but laugh, "Oh shut up!" Sabre yelled back at him.

I got up and helped everyone pack up. When we exited the cave, a flock of nature mutant chickens was strolling through the forest, looking for any fruits or grains to eat. When they saw us they ran back into the dense forest, it's hard to tell if they are hybrids or pure mobs.

On our way back I thought to myself, we didn't get the pieces back but we have a bit of leverage now that Sabre and I can use our mob forms and abilities to aid us. I'm sure in no time now, we'll get those pieces back.