Chapter 20

~Rain's pov~

We all looked over at the fortress in the middle of this mess of Nether blocks and lava, the fortress was huge and it touched the clouds, and now that I really look at it, the sky here seemed a little bit red and there were no clouds. Some of the others were looking at the fortress as well,  some were looking for a way in without Demon knowing, some of them even went to take a look at the other side of the fortress for a way in.

I look back at Sabre, he seemed to be getting better, he was more aware of his surroundings and can hold small conversations with us. Alex hasn't left his side at all and Lucas rarely did. We still don't know what happened to Sabre, it just happened out of nowhere.

I turn to see the others are back from scouting the other side of the fortress, "There seems to be only one entrance, but there was a window that led into an open, empty room," Guardian explained to everyone. We all talked more about what we should do but after a while of arguing, we agreed with Guardian's plan.

We made our way around the fortress, at times we would have to hide from the low level demons that occasionally walked around the fortress but they were slow so we had enough time to hide. We eventually made it to the window that Guardian was talking about, it took a little while to get Sabre inside but after a while, we all made it inside.

We made sure to be careful inside the fortress, getting seen in here would not be good. As we walked down the long hallways, I couldn't help but notice how nice it looked, the floor was granite with red and orange carpet, the walls were a mix of netherwart blocks, nether bricks, and obsidian, the ceiling was tall and was a mix of glowstone and lava. All in all, this place was cool and I wish I could explore it more but not now.

We heard a screechy groan from around the corner ahead of us, we frantically searched for a place to hide, Lucas checked a door to see it was unlocked, we bolted into the room and quietly closed the door. We listened for the demon Steve to go by, when he did we all let out a sigh of relief. I turned to look at the room we were in, it had a lot of stuff in it, and it was all on display for some reason, but at the back wall, I noticed something, "Wait... Are those the Artifacts?!"

~Lucas's pov~

I looked over at Blue confused, "What are the Artifacts?" I ask him, "The Artifacts are these really powerful blocks that have the powers of Steve but are stronger than Steves, no one knows how they were created tho. Rain and I went on adventures together to get these Artifacts because it was part of a prophecy," Blue explained. I walked up to them and took one in my hand, "Find me," a voice echoed in my head causing me to drop the Artifact, "It spoke to you, didn't it?" Rain said as he picked it up, I nodded my head yes.

For the first time, Alex left Sabre's side and joined our's, "If these things are powerful, should we take them, should we take the rest of this stuff with us?" Alex asked Blue and Rain, "It would probably be a good idea," Blue said as he got more of the Artifacts and put them in his bag, the rest and I followed and put the other stuff in our bags. Throughout the whole time, we were in this room, Hypno seemed confused about something, "Hypno, you okay?" I ask him, "Before Rain went into Hybernation, he gave me the Artifacts, I thought I put them somewhere safe," He said in confusion.

After taking all of this stuff, we left the room and continued our adventure to find the pieces that Demon stole. We soon made it into a room, it was the biggest room we've seen in the fortress, it was more open, and stairs that led to a huge throne, and on both sides of the throne were two podiums each, and three were occupied by the pieces that were stolen. I smiled as I looked at the pieces, out in the open.

I took a step forward towards the pieces, I heard loud screechy groans from all sides of us, and out of hiding came the demons as well as Demon himself from behind the throne, "Thought it would be that easy? Oh no, I never make things easy, now do I? Now give me back everything you stole from me," He said and with a snap of his fingers, the demons started advancing towards us.

Blue dug around in his bag until he pulled out a glowing redstone block, "Okay, time to go!" He said as he used the block to launch a fireball at the nearest wall, making a large hole in it. We all ran towards the hole, a demon jumped at Alex and Sabre, pinning them both down, it grabbed Sabre and pulled him away from Alex and pulled him towards Demon, "Now, you give me back what you stole, I'll give you back Sabre, but try and get him back yourselves will result in, probably, the worst scenario you all could be in. Now, take your time with this decision because it's very important," He said then ordered the demons to push us out of the hole we made.

They continued to chase us, and eventually, we split up, I saw the others run into a large cave system. the rest including myself fell into a deep hole, I looked up and saw the demons looking down at us then walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys, Grammarly isn't working on Wattpad or Discord and I check that it doesn't even work on google docs anymore since this amazing 'update'. If you couldn't tell, I'm pissed... >:(

- End Queen