Chapter 16

~Sabre's pov~

We sat on the floor to catch our breaths, well Lucas and I. Soon we all got up off the ground and started to explore the temple, it was bright and it looked like to be made of quartz. Lucas called us over saying he found something, there in the next room was a giant parkour course.

We all looked at the course, "Well then, maybe we can lift up those who can't fly?" Light suggested, Overseer shook his head, "I tried to freeze the door shut just in case but my powers didn't work and I theorize that this temple will not let us use our powers," He explained, some let out annoyed sighs while others just looked scared.

~Time Skip~

It took us a while until all of us reached the end of the parkour, we then made our way into the next room. The ceiling was open and clouds were randomly around the large room, in the middle of the room on one of these clouds was the Sky piece.

We started to walk to the cloud that had the piece on it. I was on edge, 'it was never this easy,' I thought to myself. We entered the field of clouds, the closest one to us started to change and morph into a dragon like shape.

We all backed away as the rest of the clouds morphed as well, but the one with the piece was the biggest. The dragon with the piece changed shape again but into a middle aged woman, "You wish to take the piece, you will perish for trying to do so," She said as she pointed at us with a scowl on her face.

The dragons lunged at us, splitting us up. Lucas and I were worried for the Steves, we had experience with defending ourselves without powers but the Steves have little to no experience at all.

I remembered I brought a bow with arrows with me, I shot at a few of the dragons but the arrows just went through them. I ran because shooting them just made them angrier, I started to guide everyone back to the entrance of the temple.

We made it to the door but we couldn't get the door open. I turn and saw the dragons getting closer, I started to panic, thinking of ways to get out of this situation. The others were still trying to open the door or try and get their powers to work to either open the door or damage the dragons if they can.

A dragon lunged at us again and we split to avoid getting caught or killed. Lucas was looking through his bag to see if anything he has can help us, a dragon set its sights on us and lunged. Lucas drew a sword from his bag, he hasn't used it in a long time but keeps it clean and shiny.

At the sight of the sword, all the dragons stopped and turned their gazes toward the sword. The dragon with the piece spoke, "So he has returned, welcome back. Even if you do not remember your purpose, you and the others are always trying to keep the peace," She said as she came towards us and handed Lucas the piece.

The dragons flew back deeper into the temple as we all tried to understand what just happened. One of the Steves tried to open the door again and found they could open it with ease. With that, Lucas and I got on our dragons, that were hiding the whole time, and flew back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure if you guys noticed but I hit a little bit of writer's block in the middle and near the end of this chapter. XD

Hope you liked the chapter!!!! :D

- End Queen