Chapter 40

Skylar's POV

I felt the warm sunshine on my face, coming into our room through the open window. I blinked a few times to adjust to the bright light and turned my head to the left. A broad smile appeared on my face. Ace was lying next to me, sleeping peacefully. His chest was moving up and down slowly. I brought up my hand to touch his face but then I heard a gentle knock. I got up and came up to the door, openning them slowly not to wake up Ace. It was Sofia.

"Hi, did I wake you up?" She asked, biting her lip nervously.

"No, no. I've been awake for a while now."

"Oh, okay. I just wanted to say that breakfast is ready. You can join us if you want." She offered me an affectionate smile and I returned it, saying that we would go downstairs in a minute.

I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and did my business. When I entered our room, I noticed that Ace had woken up. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. When he saw me, he eyed me up and down and licked his lips slowly.

What?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

It felt like he was burning wholes in every place he laid his eyes on.

"If I had known that you was sleeping beside me wearing...that-" he pointed at my black, silky nightdress that barely covered my ass "we wouldn't have gone to sleep that early."

It instantly became so hot in the room and I wanted to jump on that sexy body of his. However, I crossed my arms over my chest and lifted up my chin a bit in order to look confident and a little offended.

"Oh, yeah? Well, if you hadn't had your eyes glued to the screen of your laptop, you would have seen it."

His lips twitched at the corners. Ace got up from the bed and started approaching me slowly. When he finally reached me, he stood inches away from me. His one hand rested on my waist pulling me closer to him, and the other one was under my chin lifting it up until our gazes met.

"Does my baby feel neglected?" He purred.

God, his still groggy voice, the warmth of his body and his muscles on full display, didn't help at all. His hand that was on my waist started going up on my arm, sending shivers through my body.

"Do I have to remind you how much I want you? Just say a word and I will give it to you." Ace whispered against my neck, placing a soft kiss on it.

I realised that I was staring at his chest, so I cleared my throat and took off his both hands from my body.

"Your sister said that breakfast is ready and I told her that we would go downstairs in a minute. So get dressed." I said, grabbing my clothes and heading towards the bathroom again.

I deliberatelly swung my hips, and smirked when I heard him let out a loud groan.

When we got dressed, we went downstairs. Everyone was sitting at the huge table, on which was plenty of delicious food. I was starving so I started eating as soon as I sat down. I don't have that feeling that eating is something wrong anymore, and that sense of guilt I had, has disappeared long time ago.

When me, Sofia and Chiara went to the kitchen to clean up, we had a chance to talk a bit. I found out that Sofia is having her hen party today. I didn't know about that but Laura literally ordered me to pack some dresses so I am prepared. It will be in a club, but she bought the whole room for exclusivity. Her friends will be there but I am not stressed because I know Chiara is going too.

I wanted to go back to the living room, but I noticed that the entrance to the terrace was open, so I think it's quite obvious were I headed. As I stepped outside, I let out a gasp. The view was unimaginable. In front of me was a beautiful garden, but much larger than that which is at the front of the house. From here you could see the beach and the sea with big waves. I noticed the stairs leading from the tarrace to that garden. I went downstairs and started walking, feeling soft grass under my bare feet.