Chapter 33

Skylar's POV

Finally, today is the day. The gala day. Ace was supposed to come back yesterday but something important came up and he had to stay longer. He will arrive right before the gala and pick me up. I really can't wait to see him. It's been just a few days but it feels like someone has taken a part of me.

When it comes to the "Mr. Thomson situation", it's getting really uncomfortable. On Tuesday he asked me to help him and stay after classes because apparently I was talking during his lesson.

But I didn't say a word!

I had to arrange all the books on the shelves...That was the task he told me to do. I could feel his gaze on me all the time and when I turned my head towards his direction, he didn't even try to hide that he was indeed, staring at me.

Because of the fact that I failed another test, he asked me yesterday to stay longer tomorrow so he can explain things to me, but since tomorrow is today, and today is the gala so I didn't go to the uni, and so I will not appear. I hope he won't be mad. I told Flynn to cover for me if he asks questions about my absence.

Laura went to her family so she won't go with me. It's such a pity because I would feel so much better if she was there with me, but I'm not mad at her or anything. I understand that she wants to spend more time with her family and help her parents at work so she knows that her dad doesn't strain himself too much.

I took a long, relaxing bath, shaved literally everywhere (and it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that Ace is coming back today), did my hair and make-up and now I was standing in front of my phone, getting ready. Lena and Olivia videocalled me because they wanted to see how I would look. The red dress and high heels, which Liv ordered, came yesterday and the moment I unpacked it, I knew that it was worth all that money.

I think I've never had anything red in my wardrobe but after that dress, this is definitely going to change. It is quite short but not too short and one shoulder is bare. High heels are black and simple, but pretty anyway. When I was ready, I stood in front of my phone so the girls could see my final look.

-Oh my God! You look like a woman of some fucking mafia boss!

Liv shouted excitedly and I giggled, swirling around.

-No, she looks like a fucking mafia boss. She doesn't need a man.-Lena stated.

"All right, all right. Enough. 'You look good, Sky' would do.' " I rolled my eyes and turned around, blushing slightly and started taking clothes from my bed to put it in the wordrobe.

-Oh don't be so modest now. I know you like it.- Liv said and I sent her a little smile, looking at them over my shoulder.

Suddenly, I heard that I had a new upcoming call. I ran up to my phone, grabbing it. It was Ace.

"Guys, it's Ace. I'll call you later, okay?"

-Gee, I wish you could be that excited when you see me. - Lena joked and I giggled. I really wanted to be with him already.

When they hang up, I answered the call.

"Hi!" I greeted him excitedly and he chuckled.

-Hello, amore. What are you doing?

"Uhm well, I'm cleaning the mess I've made after getting ready." I giggled "Are you in Poland already or still on the plane?"

-In the car, actually. I'll be in like 10 minutes. Maybe I'll try to make it to 5 if you tell me you miss me.

I could feel that he was smirking.

"Ace, as much as I want to see you, drive carefully. I'd rather have you in one piece." I said truthfully. I don't like when he's speeding very fast.