Chapter 17

Skylar's POV

During the whole ride nobody said anything. Of course, I asked Ace many questions but he just kept saying that he would explain everything to me when we arrive, so I shut my mouth eventually. The atmosphere was  tensed. I think Ace could sense how nervous I was because he put his hand on my thigh and ran his fingers over my bare skin sending shivers through my body.

God, even when I'm mad, he can turn me on

"We're here." Ace said and I looked out the window.

"Wow." I whispered.

Of course he lives in a pent house. I understood now why his place was safer than mine because it looked like a fucking fortress!

He parked his car and we got out. He grasped his hand in mine and when I wanted to pull away, he pulled me closer giving me his stern look. I was really angry with him. He clearly had a lot of secrets and when I wanted to ask him about things, his answer was 'we'll talk later'.

We took the lift and he led me to his apartament. It was huge! The living room was big, grey and very elegant. The kitchen was white and black and I think everything was in marble there. We walked into his bedroom and it was big as well! His whole apartament is big in general.

I immediately spotted a king sized bed with grey, silky sheets. The whole room was dark and black. I liked it here.

"You want something to drink?" He asked while taking off his jacket but I was just standing in the middle of the room with my arms crossed. I need answers and he has to give them to me. Now. He noticed my silence so he  turned around and sighed.

"Do you want to sit?"

"No Ace, I don't want to fucking sit just tell me what's going on." I raised my  voice a little and his jaw clenched.

"First of all, drop the attitude."

"I will talk how the hell I want because apparently someone is after me and I'll probably die soon and I don't know what's going on!" I screamed.

It really scared me. It dawned on me that I don't know much about Ace and it looks like he doesn't want to share some facts about him with me.

He came up to me and cupped my face with his hands but I quickly pushed him away. I saw a bit hurt in his eyes but hey! I am hurt too. And mad. And frustrated. And...uninformed.

"No one, I said no one is going to hurt you."

"Yeah, according to Jacob you were saying the same thing to that Elle girl." I said and noticed how his hands clenched at his sides. "Ace...just tell me what's happening." I said in a calmer tone and he seemed not to be that tensed anymore.

He sighed before he said "Where do I start?"

"From the beginning. That would be the best. What do you do? I heard that it's something...dangerous?"

I was hesitated. I think I was afraid of the answers he could give me.

"Not everything I did was legal. I used to trade..drugs-" my eyes widened "and I sell guns but I want to drop out of it. It isn't that simple though. You can't do it just like that. There are a lot of complications and a lot of bad guys who want me to stay."

I was still standing where I was standing, listening to him. I couldn't believe that Ace used to sell drugs. What if he took them too?

"When I decided that I didn't want to do it anymore some men who I worked with were pissed off. I was...with Elle back then-"

I think my chest tightened a bit. So they were together. She was his girlfriend. But he said he didn't do relationships until he met me?

"They kidnapped her and threatened me to stay and continue the business if I didn't want to see her dead."