Chapter 104 (Renzo's POV)

I dropped my pen and huffed out in frustration for the seventh time in an hour. Just to the left of me is a monitor with all the little square boxes that show me what each camera is seeing around my building. The office downstairs is one of them. I can see Kat and everything she is doing. I've tried not to look, but I can't. 

I almost thought about shutting the monitor screen off, but I need to know what's going on in the rest of my club too. I look down at the paper in front of me, then look back at the monitor, remind myself not to look at the monitor, and look back down at the paper in front of me, look back at the monitors. 

I'm starting to piss myself off. I told her I would give her space. I'm letting her make her own decision, but it's driving me up a fucking wall. I did the grand gesture. I didn't murder an entire family, and you'd think it'd be enough, but it wasn't. She still sees me as a killer. 

I don't know where the fuck that leaves us.

        When I see her there sitting behind her desk I remember the jacket hook behind her. I remember taking off my belt and hanging her bound wrists on it while I fucked her good against that back wall. I see that long gorgeous hair and wanna wrap it around my palm and pull while I'm fucking her from behind. 

When she pauses and grabs a chapstick from her bag, and applies it to her lips so innocently, I want to suck her bottom lip into my mouth. I want to kiss her hard and deep to remind her of what she's letting go of.

        All kinds of thoughts have been going through my mind. A lot of them are memories for some reason. I thought about the first few times Kat came here to work for me. She was still dating that asshole, but she could barely resist my closeness to her. 

I'd always be closer than I needed to be, or touch her in a way that wasn't necessary, and she'd let me. I remember calling her my good girl and how her lips parted in response to that. It was the first time I realized there was something a little more naughty below the surface of that sweet innocent girl. 

Kat wanted me even when she wasn't single, and that used to satisfy something deep inside of me. All of these memories are floating around in my head for no goddamn reason.

        When I picked my pen back up to write I could hear that breathy voice in the back of my mind whispering 'I'm your good girl'. My dick twitched in my pants just at the mere thought of it. I wanna touch Kat so fucking badly. It's making my skin crawl to be here while she's right there.

She needs space, Renzo. I keep trying to remind myself of that, but the other half of my minds response to that is, I don't give a fuck. And the two have been battling all damn day.

My eyes shifted back to the monitor. Kat was checking something on the computer. A name probably popped up. When guests of members pay the one time fee and join them in the club they need to have their ID scanned. It's so I know who is in my establishment at all times. If I ban a person from this place their name will be flagged in the system. 

        It looks like Kat might have reached her lull point at the job. She is an efficient worker, and works quickly, which puts a lull point between everything she's done and her waiting for the register drawers at the end of her shift. 

I would've told her she could come in later so she didn't have to wait around, but I knew she needed the hours, so I don't mind her not having work to do at the moment.

Since there was a lull Kat started fidgeting with things on the desk. She fixed herself in her chair, and damn her for being fucking gorgeous. It was as if something clicked for her at that moment. Her head suddenly snapped up and her eyes looked directly into the camera in the corner of her office.